Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rebuilt head, 272, on used M20b25 lower end ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rebuilt head, 272, on used M20b25 lower end ?

I purchased a low millage engine (88K) in unknown condition a few months back. I was told it is in great shape but I can not confirm that yet. Lets assume it has good compression. I am getting ready to install it and plan on doing the timing belt, water pump. oil pan gasket and rear main seal before the install.

I would like to make it a little more exciting in the performance category and thought a valve job, 272 cam, dual valve springs, lighten flywheel, chip and headers would be great.

Is there any potential problems using a rebuilt head with a cam change on a older bottom end?

Thanks in advance.

Give it a leakdown test to confirm its good and if it is then nothing wrong with the upgrades you’re talking about on a used bottom end. Head rebuild is always a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Build Thread

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Comment

Any suggestions on a machine shop in the Inland empire that knows the M20?

Comment

You already have dual valve springs. A looser bottom end is usually not a bad thing when searching for power, but as always check your oil filters.
          Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Originally posted by Von Soman View Post
            Any suggestions on a machine shop in the Inland empire that knows the M20?
            Bimmerheads in North LA is the go-to for M20 stuff
            Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
            A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
            X