AKG 24v swap motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AKG 24v swap motor mounts

Anyone have a set of these that they are willing to part with? I know it's a long shot, but I have a hard time understanding why these cost so damn much new from AKG.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
    '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
    '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
    '09 328xi - 6-speed

I am running the revshift mounts.

Comment

It is my understanding that the Revshift mounts are not angled like the AKG ones.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
      '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

They aren't angled because they don't need to be. No complaints from anyone who has installed them so far, including ourselves.

Comment

Most people don't complain about the e28 mounts either, but after mocking them up with a spare subframe I can clearly see the fitment issues.

What makes your mounts different than, say, a poly version of the e28 mounts? A side by side comparison to e28 mounts and AKG mounts as to why they "don't need to be angled" would be helpful. I would gladly purchase your mounts but I am not sold that they don't require more than just offset studs.

'09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

I'm sorry but we haven't purchase any akg or e28 mounts to compare our mounts to. We aren't going to attack another companies product like that. We merely took an M52 engine and put it in an e30 chassis and designed some motor mounts to do the job. This is what we sell. They work perfectly. Like I said, no complaints or issues from the customers that are using them.
            I don't know what else to tell you. We didn't see a need for an angle when we designed them and did the swap. It's that simple.

Comment

This is bull/ you dont need angled mounts. Just get the e28 535/m5 mounts.
              CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
              For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

Originally posted by MaksV View Post
                This is bull/ you dont need angled mounts. Just get the e28 535/m5 mounts.
                Thanks for your input, you must have missed the fact that I already have e28 mounts. I don't even know why you or DTFE30 are posting in my thread.

Originally posted by Revshift View Post
                I'm sorry but we haven't purchase any akg or e28 mounts to compare our mounts to. We aren't going to attack another companies product like that. We merely took an M52 engine and put it in an e30 chassis and designed some motor mounts to do the job. This is what we sell. They work perfectly. Like I said, no complaints or issues from the customers that are using them.
                I don't know what else to tell you. We didn't see a need for an angle when we designed them and did the swap. It's that simple.
                First, If you didn't have e28 mounts to compare yours to how do you know that your mounts "share similar dimensions and bolt offset with the OEM E28 M5/535i motor mounts which are commonly used with the M50 engine swap"?

Next, you don't have to attack anyone. WHY are your mounts better than the competition? Explaining yourself is not attacking. I would want my customers to know why they are buying the best product they can. Just because "they work perfectly" and "you designed them to do the job" does not sell me to buy your mounts.

'09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

I'm not going to get into a big argument here about motor mounts so I'll post this and I'm out.

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
                  First, If you didn't have e28 mounts to compare yours to how do you know that your mounts "share similar dimensions and bolt offset with the OEM E28 M5/535i motor mounts which are commonly used with the M50 engine swap"?
                  First, we discovered the dimensions of the e28 mounts after we made our swap mounts. Ours have a couple similar dimensions such as height and bolt offset. Similar, not exact. Afterall, they do the same job but our polyurethane mounts are much more performance oriented, obviously.

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
                  Next, you don't have to attack anyone. WHY are your mounts better than the competition? Explaining yourself is not attacking. I would want my customers to know why they are buying the best product they can. Just because "they work perfectly" and "you designed them to do the job" does not sell me to buy your mounts.
                  Because our customers say so. Again, we have never gotten a hold of any of the akg swap mounts to examine and criticize. So, I don't see how I could possibly provide any accurate data comparing our mounts to their mounts without actually acquiring a set of their mounts. We do not intend to do this either.

Our swap mounts work. We stand behind them and offer a warranty. Our customers say they are the best. No complaints from anyone. That is all.

Lets keep the arguing to a minimum here, guys. We are all just trying to work on our cars. It's not the end of the world.

Comment

I'm not trying to argue either and I appreciate your input. I'm still considering your mounts, in fact, but I don't appreciate your defensiveness in response to legitimate questions.

'09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Legit Question: Do my mounts need to be angled, is there any reason M28 mounts wont work.

Legit Answer: No.

/thread.
                      CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
                      For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

So... Back to the original question. Does anyone have akg mounts?

Comment

Im a vendor for them :dunno

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Gooch, if you do end up getting the AKG(we supply them) make sure to get some e36 exhaust shields, 2 of them to be exact. Any Engine mount for that matter...The way the headers sit it doesnt take much time for the heat to wear them down.
                            sigpic
                            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

I run the revshift 24v mounts. One side of studs are offset of center in order to give the correct mounting angle. No weird squishing or binding like the m5 mounts I used in my last swap car.

Comment

Working...
                              X