AWESOME M5x intake manifold feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWESOME M5x intake manifold feeler

I came across these intake manifolds in Thailand. Very nice piece with lots of loving hand craftsmanship. Can accommodate 80mm or 100mm throttle bodies. If we can get a buy together of at least 10, the price would be $450 including insured shipping to your door. I will be in Thailand in mid-March, so I could inspect them, pick them up in person, and arrange shipping. PM me or post here with thoughts, comments, or interest.
    Attached Files

Interesting. Definitely subscribing... What throttle cable and throttle body would you use?
    I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
    2875-C Towerview Road
    Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Damn, that's gorgeous. They would look slick in some kind of matte or brushed finish.

Comment

If these are the same ones as the ones on ebay (which I assume they are, same exact picture) I have head that they are not of good quality. If you could inspect them before buying that would be fantastic, look forward to what you think of them.

Comment

I'm also not crazy about the design of the plenum and how it feeds air into the runners. What's the inside of that plenum look like? The stock manifold has the inlet for the throttle body right in the middle of the plenum, in an effort to evenly distribute the incoming air into the runners. This design, if it is in fact just an open void inside there, would be INCREDIBLY inefficient at distributing the incoming air into the runners.

Comment

This style manifold banks on air velocity if I am not mistaken, the decreasing size causes the air to speed up and reach the further cylinder (cyl. 6) quicker. I may be totally off base on that, but if my brain serves me right that is the principle behind it.
            Slap a snail on and all of your problems are gone anyway ;)
            Edit: Given if all of the runners just meet flush up to a flat plate I can't imagine flow would be optimal.

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
              Slap a snail on and all of your problems are gone anyway ;)
              Well... I am planning on supercharging at some point... ;)

Comment

Manifold

If someone says that quality is not that great, it means someone here stateside has one. Hopefully they will chime in. At any rate, I will be looking them over VERY carefully when I am there. I've been TIG welding for over 30 years and the welding looks pretty good..not perfect but very good.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like images have dropped off can you supply them again?

Comment

Super interested as well. Hope this works out.

Comment

Working...
                    X