Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Failure to Display Plate" 90-6 Surcharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Failure to Display Plate" 90-6 Surcharge?

I was given a ticket last month for having a CLEAR plate cover on my STOCK e36. Don't ask. I don't even know, I was nice, trooper was nice - it was a pleasant exchange really.

Does anyone know if this is a surcharge-able violation?

The reference number is 90-6.

I have interpreted the law to the best of my knowledge via google etc.The Trooper who gave me the ticket said it wasn't, my friend who is a police officer in the town I was pulled over in (on highway) said it is a surcharge-able citation. The underwriters at Safety Insurance did not know, my insurance broker did not know and I cannot wait on hold any longer for the DMV.

So just curious - anyone have any knowledge on this?

One time a cop pulled me over and told me I could take a second traffic court class for the stop sign ticket he was giving me, which was a total lie. So I wouldn't trust the cop. But I have no idea about surchargeable violations. But I would definitely contest it

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I agree, he may of had nice intentions but I would not take his word. There is a second half to this story. I allegedly missed the court date. I thought it was June 26th, the court says it was May 26th. In the court's computer system both of those dates show. This is confusing to both the Clerks and me. If I could only produce the letter. Not being able to produce the letter is embarrassing and frankly inexcusable, but, I'll say it anyways, it was delivered the day my girlfriend moved in.

I am trying to determine how much further I should pursue the appeal and the confusion. It's a $40 ticket with an unknown effect on my insurance. Lawrence District Court is consumed with other more important things too I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteD View Post
        Lawrence District Court is consumed with other more important things too I'm sure.
        lawrence district court is must see TV...hilarious in there, trust me
        1991 318is ---230K - DD
        1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
        so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

"Press 4 For English" - The voice command default language is Spanish.
          Last edited by PeteD; 06-05-2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Yes it is...It's a freebie for the state. Free revenue collection basically why you don't see speeding tickets issued these days, they issue this and inspection sticker/no front plate tickets because well you can't get out of those in court.

Their data logger has a hard time with them as well. Police cars with the camera's on the corners that record plates as they drive about.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Revised in 2013
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Thank You. Maybe I'm confused - I am thinking surcharge for insurance. Is this the same thing? How does a $5 Public Safety Surcharge effect me? The ticket was $40.

Comment

Interesting Update

I found the source of confusion in the court. There is a person with the same first name, middle initial and last name as me. His court date is June 26th, just like my alleged initial date.

Comment

Working...
                  X