Need an m42 engine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f u z z
    i have an m42 118K, it ran very stong. Internals are very clean! Ide say its a 10/10... but im down in Louisiana, damn. I will sell it to you with a tranny that is also in great conditon for $300.

:idea: Road trip?! :idea:
    hmmmmm....... $300 for both now that the inside has seen "rain"? :) i need the tranny for sure. I'm in Oklahoma. I say a road trip is in order if we can agree on a price.

to the other guy...funny thing, my 4th gear grinds like a mofo too! WTF?

Comment

Anyone get me a price for an M42 engine shipped to 01832 :)

Comment

I don't think you realize how astronomical shipping will be on this motor. I'm getting numbers in the 800s from FedEx Freight, assuming it's shipped crated.

BTW for all the others in the thread, we also have an excellent condition 130k transmission, full engine wiring harness, and ECU.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
          I don't think you realize how astronomical shipping will be on this motor. I'm getting numbers in the 800s from FedEx Freight, assuming it's shipped crated.

BTW for all the others in the thread, we also have an excellent condition 130k transmission, full engine wiring harness, and ECU.
          Well then you're getting porked. I've been quoted $250 for an M50 to be shipped to me from Seattle. You're doing something wrong - start looking into frieght companies. I know the 1.8 is a smaller engine, it's gotta be cheaper than that - not to mention you're a lot closer than Seattle :)

Comment

Originally posted by Beemerfanatik

Well then you're getting porked. I've been quoted $250 for an M50 to be shipped to me from Seattle. You're doing something wrong - start looking into frieght companies. I know the 1.8 is a smaller engine, it's gotta be cheaper than that - not to mention you're a lot closer than Seattle :)
            See if you can find a freighter that will ship from 27106 to you... I'm having no luck. We'll give you a great deal on the engine if you can find a good freighter. :)

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

See if you can find a freighter that will ship from 27106 to you... I'm having no luck. We'll give you a great deal on the engine if you can find a good freighter. :)
              Works for me - one question, and I can never get a straight damn answer - I need this for a 93 318 - the M42's themselves are the same, correct?

Get me a general weight for the motor, and I'll scare up some quotes.

This engine is the only thing keeping me from finishing the damn car!

Comment

Works for me - one question, and I can never get a straight damn answer - I need this for a 93 318 - the M42's themselves are the same, correct?

Get me a general weight for the motor, and I'll scare up some quotes.

This engine is the only thing keeping me from finishing the damn car!
                ETK quotes the "long engine" at 110kg = 242.5 pounds.

AFAIK, the only difference between the two is the updated timing chain tensioner and profile gasket, both of which this engine has had installed.

EDIT: The E36 motor also has another knock sensor, I think.

Comment

AFAIK, the only difference between the two is the updated timing chain tensioner and profile gasket, both of which this engine has had installed.

Can I retrofit the knock sensor on the E30 M42?

Comment

Can I retrofit the knock sensor on the E30 M42?
                    I don't see why not.

Comment

Working...
                    X