Feeler: 2 JL 12w0 subs in sealed enclosure W/ mtx 420d amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler: 2 JL 12w0 subs in sealed enclosure W/ mtx 420d amp

So Im contemplating selling my subs that I previously had in my pathfinder. As seen in the title these are some awesome subs. Ask anyone JL Audio makes some nice ones. Even these base models sound better than most other companies high end stuff. They can handle 125 watts a piece at 4 ohms and the MTX amp puts out 210. Its a mono block amp, so each sub is getting 105, well below the maximum power threshhold. Ive had these in my Pathy for about a year and a half and they sound absolutely amazing. Not to loud and crystal clear, a great addition to any stereo system. Looking for around 300 picked up, but Ill be willing to ship if the price is right. I paid over 400 for this stuff new, and its in mint condition. Ill send high res pics via email at your request
    Back to my roots

I can attest to JL's quality and MTX amp power...
    I have a JL 12W3 in my M3 with an MTX152 amp and it pounds in a custom .8cu/ft box I made to fit back there... I want to make a bigger/better box though... post the dimentions of your box for fitment into the E30 trunk as its kinda small...
    '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
    '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
    '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
    iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
    sigpic

Comment

If you're willing to seperate, I may grab those subs...pm me buddy. How's the car running?

Comment

Subs

Hey man

The car is running awesome! I took the long way home on my way back cause it felt like new car. Like I put a chip in it or something. Definately going to put the chip Ive got in next time I fill up so I can put super in. Anyways, I think Id be willing to split. Ill get some measurements on the box, but Im pretty sure itll fit. They're in great shape, and once I clean the dust off em, you'd think theyre brand new. Give me a couple days to see if I can move them together, but after that how does 175 sound?
        Back to my roots

Comment

Re: Subs

Originally posted by FifeDog236
          Hey man

The car is running awesome! I took the long way home on my way back cause it felt like new car. Like I put a chip in it or something. Definately going to put the chip Ive got in next time I fill up so I can put super in. Anyways, I think Id be willing to split. Ill get some measurements on the box, but Im pretty sure itll fit. They're in great shape, and once I clean the dust off em, you'd think theyre brand new. Give me a couple days to see if I can move them together, but after that how does 175 sound?
          Glad to hear the car is running well! These subs are for my gf's car, I just bought a custom box for her car and need two 12's to go in it. If no one buys the whole setup, I may buy it all. We'll see what happens later this week.

PS - cleaned the SHIT out of the right garage bay - it's spotless and empty - finally! (For those of you who haven't been to my garage, it's the bay in my sig, for those who have, you know what I'm talking about and how much work it took!)

And I put all the tools back where they belong! :rofl:

Comment

Nice dude, I bet that took a while. I wonder how much time it would have saved us on the tools haha. Anyways, when I come down for that valve adjustment it should go easy as pie now.

Let me know on the subs man, Id really like to get rid of the subs and the box together, as I doubt Ill be able to move just the box very easily.
            Back to my roots

Comment

bump
              Back to my roots

Comment

Working...
              X