Megasquirt guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt guys!

So I've got this Megasquirt sitting in a box in my room. It's a 2.2 board with a MS1 chip. It was built for and used in a 4 cylinder engine previously.

My question is can I change the chip out for a MSII and use it for my 24v. swap? Would this eliminate the need for me to get a 413 DME for my swap or does the DME still control some things the MS can't?
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

you can, but honestly - the v2.2 board is kinda crap. you'll need a VR conditioner circuit, coil driver circuits, etc. etc, and you won't be able to fit ot in that board. You'd basically have to build everything else from scratch to run a 24v properly.

I'd sell it and get a V3.0 MSII board at the minimum, but you can't do more than semi-sequential on a 6 cyl. MS3+MS3x would be best, it can do everything the 413 can do and more.

I'm working on a 99% PnP setup for the M50 harness and MS3. I have a lot more details if you're interested. :)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

What are the benefits of megasquirting an M50 guys?

Comment

Working...
      X