Bagged E30, S52 swap, never ending build - Shaved bay + more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean, simple, creative.... Beautiful.
    You sir have good taste and a trendsetter.

Comment

Thank you sir. Car is pretty much done. Interior back in, motor runs, new rotors and pads on and bled, clutch is bled, just need to throw the fan on it and bumper/valence. I'll have some pics after I pull it out of the garage for the first time in 5 months.
      1987 325is - S52

Comment

Is this making it out to SOWO?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen!

Your car is one of the inspirations for the direction mine is headed. :up:
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
            Is this making it out to SOWO?
            Yessir!

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
            Pics or it didn't happen!

Your car is one of the inspirations for the direction mine is headed. :up:
            Thank you much man. Ill probably bring my camera out tonight and grab some pictures. Im having trouble bleeding the car as my radiator filler neck is now not the highest point in the system. So I may run an inline filler or drill/tap the thermostat housing. Not sure yet.

Its almost done, Ill be getting some pictures soon.

Also, ill be documenting how to do a plastic bumper swap on an early model E30. I know its been covered, but I figured Ill go ahead and add some more pictures and tips to it.
            Last edited by NickL; 03-25-2014, 10:48 AM.
            1987 325is - S52

Comment

in to see how the radiator tuck turned out.

Comment

info on how you did the bumper tuck? I see alot of people do it and it typically makes the rubber around the lip deform and look cheap.
                Originally posted by unloadedak
                It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

all the pics but that last few are "not available" but those final few pics, look really great. Nice work

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

If your still looking for a shift know you should check out the one that TRM sells, its pretty nice. Build is coming along great! Hope to see you at SOWO this year, mine should hopefully be bagged by then.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Amazing work mate. Very nice job. Keen to see a 'Completed' pic with rad hoses, loom installed etc

Have you thought about trying to move the fuse box and re-running the firwall cables in behind the dashboard?
                      E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MyE30 View Post
                        in to see how the radiator tuck turned out.
                        Theres a few pictures on the last page of it.

Originally posted by trippmann View Post
                        info on how you did the bumper tuck? I see alot of people do it and it typically makes the rubber around the lip deform and look cheap.
                        I drilled the shocks and compressed them. Then redrilled holes in the valence for the plastic shroud.

Originally posted by bmwandhonda View Post
                        Amazing work mate. Very nice job. Keen to see a 'Completed' pic with rad hoses, loom installed etc

Have you thought about trying to move the fuse box and re-running the firwall cables in behind the dashboard?
                        I have a few pictures of it. Doesn't look much different, it turned out great. But thank you man, I have thought about it but didn't want to go through the hassle. I don't mind the fusebox in the bay. I wanted an oem looking shave, nothing crazy on the firewall etc. which is why I like the fusebox there.
                        1987 325is - S52

Comment

:( love the DBs on the car. I think its what completes this car... sad to see them go.
                          1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
                          2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
                          <<Flickr>>

Comment

Working...
                          X