X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post up build quality and everything when you get it

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

Comment

I was originally going to mount it behind the kidney, but I don't really want to block my radiator at all. I might cut the slat out of the lower valance and mount it there, as if it were an FMIC. I saw a local E36 M3 that had his mounted like that, then he made a sheet metal duct behind the oil cooler that routed the hot air downwards away from the radiator.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I've been using a Setrab 915 for four years now with no issues. I mounted it above a stock cooler that's being used for cooling the power steering fluid. I made a custom bracket using a few pieces of bent sheetmetal and rivet nuts. There are a lot of holes in the radiator support that are already close to or are 10mm in diameter, so it's fairly easy to install some rivet nuts there.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

which bracket are you using to mount it?

Comment

I used a Setrab bracket to support the bottom of the cooler, and some ones that I folded from sheetmetal for the top of the cooler.

The Setrab bracket kit is supplied with some rubber isolation blocks, and I'm using them at all four corners.

Comment

Thanks for the pic Fred, that looks like a nice setup.

If I do mount it down behind the valance I will aim for something about as wide as the stock cooler, but 2-2.5x as tall and try and utilize the front valance slats well instead of blocking more of the radiator when mounted behind the kidney.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Yeah, back when I got mine, Setrab didn't have their Slimline coolers. The widest Slimline coolers look great, and are probably just about the same width as a stock cooler.

It'd be a good idea to put some screening in front of the cooler to protect it from track debris like gravel or rubber.

Comment

Good idea and good info. I'll keep the thread up to date as I progress with the oil cooler. It'll be a couple weeks until I order everything, as the car is in the shop getting the roll bar built right now.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Working...
                  X