• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghrays View Post
    Close:
    1990 BMW 325i 5-Speed Calypsorot

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-325i-13/
    Its damn clean, Id like to see it do quite well. Its modified but all the mods are good ones
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Musij View Post
      I want it. I really really want it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
      Can you please elaborate, why you want it

Comment

Favorite color e30, by far...

That's a really nice car. Damn, I wish I never sold my Calypso. I hope it does well too.
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Close:
          1990 BMW 325i 5-Speed Calypsorot

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-325i-13/
          This is very nice! I like the ride height with the Ground Control coilovers.

Comment

Can you please elaborate, why you want it
            From a simple superficial reasons, seems like it has some nice upgrades that keep the integrity of the car, and its calypso.. god i love calypso.

Comment

sheesh

I thought e30 m3s would fetch far more than their e36 counterparts and then I saw this:

Bid for the chance to own a 100-Mile 1995 BMW M3 Lightweight at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #3,197.

Yeah, $154k and reserve not met; sticker on these things were about $48k

Last edited by Javier h; 07-28-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                I thought e30 m3s would fetch far more than their e36 counterparts and then I saw this:

Bid for the chance to own a 100-Mile 1995 BMW M3 Lightweight at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #3,197.

Yeah, $154k and reserve not met; sticker on these things were about $48k
                If only they were "actually" that special... Same lame US stroker engine with one throttle body... It "could" have been a really special car.
                Jimmy P.
                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                98 318Ti Morea Green
                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                  If only they were "actually" that special... Same lame US stroker engine with one throttle body... It "could" have been a really special car.
                  It IS a really special car. The list of unique parts is extensive.

I'm personally waiting for M Coupes to hit 6 digits.
                  Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                  A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                    It IS a really special car. The list of unique parts is extensive.
                    What it should have been:
                    GTR flares
                    S50B32
                    Composite shell seats
                    Rear passenger seats deleted
                    RS type door panels
                    No AC
                    No trunk carpet
                    - in addition to all the other special parts it came with...

I know it had a bunch of "different" parts but I have never thought the end result was near what it could have / should have been. I have always thought it was a pretty half assed attempt,
                    Jimmy P.
                    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                    92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                    98 318Ti Morea Green
                    04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Agreed. I am also surprised at how high they have gotten considering they are based on the US spec E36 M3. I always saw them as a novelty car. Let's call it what it is...a gutted, lightweight race version, which is awesome but unfortunately based on the neutered US model which doesn't make it all that special IMO even with a few euro parts. Apparently, collectors don't seem to mind but given one could still buy E36 M3's for under $5k. I think spending $150k on an LTW model is a little ridiculous but let's face it, few bought these to race when they were new and many only bought them to collect and look at. For those who have that kind of money, $150k for a collectible is probably a drop in the bucket and/or they are speculating they will go up.
                      Last edited by reelizmpro; 07-29-2017, 11:32 AM.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Have you guys ever heard of the RS America?...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

What about them?
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            Agreed. I am also surprised at how high they have gotten considering they are based on the US spec E36 M3. I always saw them as a novelty car. Let's call it what it is...a gutted, lightweight race version, which is awesome but unfortunately based on the neutered US model which doesn't make it all that special IMO even with a few euro parts. Apparently, collectors don't seem to mind but given one could still buy E36 M3's for under $5k. I think spending $150k on an LTW model is a little ridiculous but let's face it, few bought these to race when they were new and many only bought them to collect and look at. For those who have that kind of money, $150k for a collectible is probably a drop in the bucket and/or they are speculating they will go up.

The new 911 R is the same. It's not a particularly good car, but they were built in low quantities and have an R on them, which in the Porsche world adds 5 inches to your dick.

The LTW isn't any good, just rare.

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              What about them?

The RS America is a basic 964 but has a rear seat delete, turbo brakes and limited options, but nothing different engine wise. Yet, they command significantly more than a regular 964 because they are "rare" because of that rarity
                              Last edited by 2mAn; 07-29-2017, 02:26 PM.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                The RS America is a basic 964 but has a rear seat delete, turbo brakes and limited options, but nothing different engine wise. Yet, they command significantly more than a regular 964 because they are "rare" because of that rarity
                                I don't know which 911's are considered the worst or the best. I don't know if the 964 was significantly detuned for the US but what I do know is I'd rather have a ROW limited edition and not a limited edition of a cost cutting car produced to be marketed to the masses only in the US. If those guys are willing to pay that much of a premium for the RSA or E36 M3 LTW, then more power to them as they are collectible. I just don't think any US E36 M3 is that collectible when one could get them as low as $3k-10k all day long and $10-15k for the cleaner ones. Then again, I'm not a collector...I like to drive my cars. I'm not buying strictly for investment purposes.

Comment

Working...
                                X