No announcement yet.

Spectra Premium Gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have this tank too. no complaints. Had a hell of a time getting the fuel filler hose on but I think thats because my subframe is raised 12mm. fixed my rusty internal return line issue.

box was pretty beat up upon delivery and one of the corners was bent but 2 seconds and that was fixed.
    www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Originally posted by ecsk View Post
      Compare to the Spectra fuel tank, anyone has experience about this tank ?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DIESEL-P...YAAOSwwVpZw-bT
      No experience with that tank, can you not get the Spectra where you are at? If you can I would just go with that.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
        No experience with that tank, can you not get the Spectra where you are at? If you can I would just go with that.
        Nope, USA has a lot more parts available to car enthusiast, we often struggle to find old BM parts locally in Australia.
        The ATP tank include shipping cost is about 25% cheaper then Spectra tank from Rock Auto, this is why I asked if there is any review about the ATP tank.

p.s. Update. Look like I'd better stay away from this company. https://au.trustpilot.com/review/www.atp-autoteile.de
        Last edited by ecsk; 10-06-2018, 04:28 AM.

Comment

The return line on my OEM tank got gunked up and was resulting in absurdly high fuel pressure at the rail causing me to run super rich. No luck trying to clear it out with carb cleaner and E85 didn't work either. Ended up buying the spectra tank and am very happy with it. Everything fit perfectly. Tabs that fuel pump and sender turn into were a bit tight and required a screwdriver as a chisel to drive home, but overall great fit. Only thing I wish this tank would have is beaded ends where the hoses connect - they are simply straight cut with no bead to ensure clamp doesn't move. So far no issues! The kit even came with new pump and sender o rings, which was a nice finishing touch! Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jjc034 View Post
            The return line on my OEM tank got gunked up and was resulting in absurdly high fuel pressure at the rail causing me to run super rich. No luck trying to clear it out with carb cleaner and E85 didn't work either. Ended up buying the spectra tank and am very happy with it. Everything fit perfectly. Tabs that fuel pump and sender turn into were a bit tight and required a screwdriver as a chisel to drive home, but overall great fit. Only thing I wish this tank would have is beaded ends where the hoses connect - they are simply straight cut with no bead to ensure clamp doesn't move. So far no issues! The kit even came with new pump and sender o rings, which was a nice finishing touch!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            I had exactly the same problem, and a new tank was the only solution. Bonus: increase in fuel capacity because the new one wasn't smashed in.

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
            I've had mine in for four years at this point.
            I didn't undercoat it, but did paint with an epoxy spray paint.
            Fit was OEM exact except for the dents where fuckmonkeys had jacked the car up on the tank (ON BOTH SIDES! WTF?!).

Dissection of the old tank in following posts here: http://realfierotech.com/viewtopic.php?p=147083#p147083

Comment

i got one of these when i had to change out mine on 87 bmw 325i convertible. With the exception of no drainplug, and one small tweak i had to do in one corner, it fits great and have had no issue in the year i have had it installed.

Comment

Just bought one of these for my 330is. Original one finally shit the bed. $230 delivered. Will report back with results.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                  Just bought one of these for my 330is. Original one finally shit the bed. $230 delivered. Will report back with results.
                  finally got to replace the tank, this week. similarly to above, my original tank had become rotten and would leak profusely, under any type of pressure. for the money, i cannot complain. fitment was okay, at best, but i made it work and am happy to have something that actually holds pressure.

would absolutely buy another one.

AB
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

have my own on the way, will report my findings.

Comment

I used the early version to replace my drug smuggling tank earlier this year. Real nice piece for the money. I'd totally use it again on another car.
                      84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                      Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Does this tank have the fittings for the crossover pipe? I don't see them in the pictures. Thanks.

Comment

It seems like I need the BM1A tank not the "B". The "A" has the crossover pipe fittings and is said to fit and the "B" does not and is said NOT to fit on Amazon.

Comment

I ordered the tank. What do you guys do about the transfer pipe? Can this thing be replaced with braided hose? The pipe is $150.

Comment

Probably any solution you can implement will be fine as long as you keep the relatively exposed position of the line in mind.

Comment

OK. Thanks. Does anybody know what the electrical connections are on top of the sending unit? I have one that is hanging on my miracle. I imagine it will snap off when I try to undo the connection.

Comment

Working...
                                X