eeffffff...Lost my only car key, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eeffffff...Lost my only car key, need help

So last night i went out and had a blast.....In doing so i lost my only E30 key. I never ever ever take it out with me, but i was in a rush and though nothing of it. Well, now I'm screwed. How do i go about getting a new one? What is this going to cost me?

-Joe

P.S. FUCK!

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Go to the dealer with your vin and proof of ownership. They'll make you a new one for like 60 bucks. Get 2 made becaure you're an r-tard.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Better yet. Get the Key code and take it to a reputable lock smith that will make you one for sub 20 $. Once you have the key code the locksmith has a book that will reference the proper anatomy that the key needs to have.
      Then pay the extra key fee and get a second one made. Its usually a good deal less then the key code cutting of a key.

Comment

Just a tip for not losing it again, always carry it with you. I carry my keys with me wherever I go so that I know that if they aren't there I've dropped them.
        sigpic

Comment

Seeing this thread makes me want to make a copy of my key. Will Home depot or abauchon have the correct key blanks lol? Nearest BMW dealer is pretty far away.
          Originally posted by Sagaris
          He wasn't around because he spent 7 years in jail for assault. There was a group of guys doing a 24v swap on someones car and one of the neighbor kids came over and starting too many questions. Tempers flared, sawzalls did work, and he cut the kids leg off. The victim later joined this forum under the name "5toes".

Comment

I honestly dont remember the last time i went 'out' with my car keys on me. I never drive when i go out drinking, and never carry my car keys on me. I have no idea when or where the got lost. I called all the bars i was at, retraced my steps to the best of my reccolection and they are nowhere to be found. :(

also, where/how do i obtain the "key code"?

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
            Sounds like you need a massage.
            Originally posted by kpeng
            Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Tamataz View Post
              Seeing this thread makes me want to make a copy of my key. Will Home depot or abauchon have the correct key blanks lol? Nearest BMW dealer is pretty far away.
              nah I tried doin that last summer, you gotta go to a local locksmith

Comment

FYI I had absolutely no luck with "reputable local locksmiths". You can buy key blanks on ebay for cheap, though.
                "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

You have to take your registration and ID to the dealer, order a new key (cost me $38 for my 318is), and wait a few days.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                    Go to the dealer with your vin and proof of ownership. They'll make you a new one for like 60 bucks. Get 2 made becaure you're an r-tard.
                    They are about 75, already had one made at the dealer.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

BMW cut master lighted key from the dealer was like $25 with proof of ownership and VIN. Edit: that was almost 10 years ago. For those who only have one key, go to Ace hardware or tru value. They have older BMW key blanks (or buy your own on ebay) and will cut it for like $2. Totally worth it for peace of mind.
                      Last edited by reelizmpro; 05-16-2012, 07:04 PM.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

2 weeks ago the dealership wanted $80.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                          For those who only have one key, go to Ace hardware or tru value. They have older BMW key blanks (or buy your own on ebay) and will cut it for like $2. Totally worth it for peace of mind.
                          This. Even though one of mine only works on one side
                          What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
                          90 325ix

Comment

Got mine form the dealership last summer for $50, and that was with a $10 shipping charge to have it shipped 500 miles to me.

Comment

damn the dealers are taking advantage of everyone... you should be able to get a key for about 30 bucks from them. take your pink or registration and ID.

Comment

Working...
                              X