eeffffff...Lost my only car key, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by themoonman View Post
    damn the dealers are taking advantage of everyone... you should be able to get a key for about 30 bucks from them. take your pink or registration and ID.
    I was happy to pay $60 when I lost my only key. A key for my e46 is like 200 and it doesn't even need to get cut.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Be happy it isn't a key that doesn't need to be coded to a car. My job requires that the car be here for another key to be made because of that. Even if you have to get it towed.

Porsche keys are over 400 dollars each (which includes the key, fob, and coding/programming it to the specific vehicle) brand new and are all laser cut with no exceptions. So remember, it could be worse. lol
      1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
      2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
      2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

The keyshops at the malls always have my key. $2. They're cheaper so just buy like 3 incase they break.

Comment

this happened to me a few months ago, well the girl lost it. But you take your registration in there and ID and they will make you a key. Think I payed $30-35 for the key only took about a day to get it. Then you take that key and go to home-depot, lowes, local hardware store and make copies of it for a few dollars. Now I have 3 :)
          "I wanna see da boat movie"
          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

I made 3 extras for my car at the local locksmith. The e66 however, to make a spare it costs over 500 dollars
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
            VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

my local ace has the correct bmw blanks and it cost me a grand total of 2 dollar for the blank and them to cut a key for me. The blanks are kind of crappy but i just had them make me 10 the last time and if i feel its getting worn i use another one
              Originally posted by blunttech
              Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
              :shock:

Comment

From left to right....

HY-KO key from Ace Hardware very similar to the BMW master key just thinner $2 + cut
                Copy of BMW lighted (not lighted) master key from ebay $5 + cut
                Factory BMW lighted master key from Dealership $25-75 already cut
                Last edited by reelizmpro; 05-17-2012, 04:17 PM.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

what's different from the valet key to master so I can file one that will work. Anyone got a picture of the 2 next to eachother?
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Called the dealer in KC. $30 BMW key. I faxed a copy of my ID and registration today, should have the key tomorrow or the next day. Not too bad at all.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                    Sounds like you need a massage.
                    Originally posted by kpeng
                    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

had one made from the code today- locksmith came to my house to make it on the spot, and failed.. it only works in one door and the ignition. charged me 150$ and was a compete dick.
                      Originally posted by Holland
                      There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

Thread from the grave.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                        Sounds like you need a massage.
                        Originally posted by kpeng
                        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

por que
                          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                          Q
                          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Had a local locksmith come out and make a replica key from my glove box when my gf accidentally took mine on a work trip. Took an hour tops and was partially covered by aaa.
                            Build Threads:
                            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                            X