No announcement yet.

'90 325i S52 to S54 '06 Z4M w/ ZF 6 Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, thanks. I'm doing my own wiring, but that looks like the E46 port. Looks like part numbers 61138380698 and 61138373323. I'll probably end up using one of those as well.

Comment

MSS54 and MSS54HP with DTCs
      Last edited by R3Z3N; 11-17-2018, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Better condition dash in: What a PITA.

Comment

Loving the build man. Glad to see everything coming together nicely. The dash is always a fun thing to pull lol. Hope you get her done swiftly. Look forward to the rest.

-Jasper

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Jasper, thanks!

Video here click

Double checked it started, every time I mess with the wires to shove in the glove box I forget something. Fuel isnt priming, just gotta find what I unplugged in the mess in the glove box but here's a peek. Next weekend, plug in the missing link, put interior back in, drill and put a grommet in place on the firewall below the brake balance bar for the remote balance dial. Then finish interior, button up exterior and SPAL, and get the car to a exhaust shop. Soon Soon SOON!!! Oh and the "new" dash cracked since I installed it last weekend. Ill fix it in car vs replacing again for now. Eventually probably get it covered instead, but not now.

Comment

Oh how lovely she is...

Comment

EPIC. love the glove box mounted OBD port and sport mode switch
                that gauge cluster..
                incredible work man! the community should thank you SOOOO much for all the pics and documentation!
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                  EPIC. love the glove box mounted OBD port and sport mode switch
                  that gauge cluster..
                  incredible work man! the community should thank you SOOOO much for all the pics and documentation!
                  Appreciated! More pics to come to help others that might want simple like me.

Comment

Located in first post: Updated the MSS54/HP zip with DTCs to disable. Use Tuner Pro to view the categories. All software included in zip if needed to edit and flash and what is needed to modify your ODB2 FTDI cable as needed to work. With it you have everything needed to get the car running. EWS delete, DTCs, speedo, cruise etc....
                    Last edited by R3Z3N; 11-14-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Originally posted by whysimon
                      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

^Thanks. I hated how all the info was so cryptic and or hidden, or even seemingly kept secret.

BTW, should anyone need, I am willing to help over the phone/email or even remotely. Maybe someday I will double check the hex locations for all major versions, but these 2 are the most common in the states. Feel free to edit the xdf for anything other major (IE I will add throttle curves) or for versions I have yet to release for the swaps. I do know the 6MT vs SMG has a little more modification than just the gearing observations and setting, but supposedly it's for drivability. Still, if I can find the values and locations I will add that as well.

Comment

Well after diving in after no start (crank, a few fires and off) looks like its my fuel pump. 2nd on this car. Looks like I will be replacing my Walbro 255 again! Verified on accessory on, that the pump wiring got power for ~2 seconds, but when applying 12v direct to the pump...nothing. Yay. Easy at least as I already have the modifications done for the pump.

Other than that, hoped to get more work done but a friend wanted help replacing the front suspension of is Z4. Could not get any of my spring compressors (screw type) to compress the srping enough as its only a ~4 coil trapezoidal spring. Could only grab 2 coils which wasn't enough. I HATE stock suspension.... Ended up saying no, get a tow and have a shop do it with a pneumatic spring compressor, I can't have 2 cars in my driveway non-op. Other parties would not like that. Wasted the entire day on that. So, I am done for the weekend.

Lookinf for suggestions for 10-12 guage 3 pin connector for my spal fan wiring. Thinking Deutsch connector but having a hell of a time finding a crimping tool that works for 10-12 guage that isn't $200+

Comment

I used an Aeromotive pump on mine. Walbro 255 seems like it used to be the goto for pretty much every platform but I've heard of too many failures. I think the real issue is that there are a ton of knockoffs finding their way into the market that are being sold as legit Walbros.

Comment

Originally posted by R3VM3UP View Post
                              I used an Aeromotive pump on mine. Walbro 255 seems like it used to be the goto for pretty much every platform but I've heard of too many failures. I think the real issue is that there are a ton of knockoffs finding their way into the market that are being sold as legit Walbros.
                              I was back and forth on the Walbro, I decided to go with the OE E46 pump just to not deal with any issues. More expensive but figured why not.
                              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Amazing build! Great documentation and really inspiring!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                                X