Photobucket demanding $399 to link to third party sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photobucket demanding $399 to link to third party sites

I went to go change some stuff on a build thread, and half my pictures say "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting. For important info, please go to www.photobucket.com/P500."

I went to the link, and now they don't allow any pictures on 3rd party sites, like R3v. unless you want to pay 399 a year!

So clearly fuck that, I go click on the picture to re-save it and use my flickr or what ever and nope same dummy image on their site.

I have been using this site since myspace days haha, but the shitty thing not only that I cant get pictures of my cars from back in high-school days and the pics I put on there of my current project I have since deleted off my computer so they are just gone, but all the old write ups on how to do things where the poster used that service are now with out pictures.

Photo hosting service Photobucket blocks all third-party hosted images now, and charges members $399 per year to unlock the previously free feature.
    Last edited by agent; 06-30-2017, 12:25 PM. Reason: made the title less spammy
    WTB:m60b40 in PNW
    Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
    92 525it 5 speed.
    80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Your title makes this look like spam. Might want to use proper grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
      Your title makes this look like spam. Might want to use proper grammar.
      Whoops haha fixed
      Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
      92 525it 5 speed.
      80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Still looks like spam to me.

But I feel ya. Had the same issue. Also an avid photobucket user from 2004. I still have some pictures, but I definitely lost out on a lot.

Oh well.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Yep, there was a thread about this on another forum, and I've noticed a handful of threads with pictures down. I also noticed that PB has disallowed adblockers on their site, which makes using the site extremely frustrating. I deleted everything from my account and deleted it yesterday. I saw that I had been there since May 2006. As they've updated their site periodically, it has always gotten worse, not better, and I first noticed it going downhill a year or two after signing up. I'm glad I didn't have thousands of photos on there like other people.

FYI, I was able to download (with extreme frustration due to their slow ass site plastered in ads) entire albums off their site. Or are the pictures not showing up there either, and they're basically forcing you to pay $400 to get the pictures?

Comment

Well, this has affected my account. I'm downloading all my images now and deleting the account. This will pretty much clear out the build thread, but I'm not sure what else I can do at this point.
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Ugh. I absolutely don't have the time for this right now, but now I have to get everything off there and register somewhere else. Is Flickr still okay?
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I moved my 300+ pictures of the aluminum monster and was avoiding having to go back through and repost them from Flickr... looks like I need to now
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Flickr is good for me. So is Imgur

Comment

Just use https://postimg.org/.

It's by far the best option out there right now, and they've proven very user oriented through several rough periods they've been through.

Comment

It wont let me even download my pictures, they are pretty much gone, I have thumbnails, that is it. really sucks, i switched over to tapatalk to post pics, no hosting needed
                      Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                      92 525it 5 speed.
                      80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

You guys shouldve been using Flickr or 500px for years.

IMO your fault not seeing how scummy photobucket was in the first place about pictures, even imgur was a better option.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Way to be a dick Will... Its a pain in the ass to move everything over. Just the 300+ pics for ONE album was a huge pain. I have quite a bit of pics, but I did start to see the writing on the wall about this a little while ago
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            You guys shouldve been using Flickr or 500px for years.

IMO your fault not seeing how scummy photobucket was in the first place about pictures, even imgur was a better option.
                            Yeah its been getting shitty the past years, super slow and totally filled with non stop ads, i'm in the middle of print screen and cropping the pictures to re upload on flickr
                            Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                            92 525it 5 speed.
                            80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Yup, jumping ship.

The website has been unusable due to ads for a while now anyway. I only access from the app.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X