Photobucket demanding $399 to link to third party sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    You guys shouldve been using Flickr or 500px for years.

IMO your fault not seeing how scummy photobucket was in the first place about pictures, even imgur was a better option.
    100% of this.

Also:

Originally posted by agent View Post
    Friends don't let friends use Photobucket.
    And the reply from a Photobucket rep has a broken image, which should tell everyone all they need to know.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Hate Photobucket's web page and spam page. I have been enjoying flickr for last 7 years or so.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Oh, and this is why you ALWAYS keep the original on your computer, AND keep a backup as well. At this point in time, I don't assume that any image host will still be around in 10 years for whatever reason you can come up with. Best option is to host using R3V, even though forum image hosting is kind of a pain. As long as R3V is still going, the image should still be up.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          Best option is to host using R3V, even though forum image hosting is kind of a pain. As long as R3V is still going, the image should still be up.
          Pretty sure the ability to upload to the R3V gallery was shut off sometime last year (or the year before?). The option to attach an image to a post is still available though.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
            Pretty sure the ability to upload to the R3V gallery was shut off sometime last year (or the year before?). The option to attach an image to a post is still available though.
            Good to know. I've never actually used it.

For those trying to get their photos from PB, does it help if you log out and back in again? Bit of a stretch, but could you pay the fee, download the photos, and then cancel?

Comment

This makes me so thankful I transferred everything to flickr a while back.
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Another option is one of hundreds of shared hosting solutions that can get you unlimited space to host whatever you want for around $100ish bucks a year. You can host websites, have a database or just store files.

Comment

I have no sympathy, Pretty sure a thread like this came up last year when photobucket started getting unusable with how slow it is. I, and everyone else, also said to switch to flickr then.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    I have no sympathy...
                    You've been hanging around Austin too much :p
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Deleted my account a few minutes ago.....
                      IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

i am still able to link pictures and use my adblocker on photobucks.

Comment

ive been using imgur for a while now, im getting my stuff off PB and will fix old posts as i come across them
                          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Photobucket has kind of just screwed the whole car community. I don't use it, but half the threads have dead pictures now....
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Yep every picture I've pretty much ever posted is dead. Ughh.

-NICK

Comment

FYI, I read elsewhere today that IMGur doesn't allow images to be linked to on sites that have a classifieds section. It violates some part of their terms of service. Consider that before committing to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X