No announcement yet.

Photobucket demanding $399 to link to third party sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about yoos guys, but there is a download album option on my account. On the right is a menu option listed Actions. It won't allow you to bulk download any videos or gifs in each album, but it will zip up the images for you to save.

Comment

Wow, some real dicks in here. "I don't wanna use it because it loads slowly and has ads" isn't the same as "get out now because they're going to hide everything behind a surprise paywall and make it impossible to download anything."

Fun fact: the URL in the image you now see in my sig? It goes to some guy's account page. He has some Captain America phone backgrounds and stuff. I'd show you, but well...
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Im starting to fix the links on my thread from photobucket to flickr. what a pain in the ass. fuck you photobucket
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          FYI, I read elsewhere today that IMGur doesn't allow images to be linked to on sites that have a classifieds section. It violates some part of their terms of service. Consider that before committing to them.
          They're blocked on bf.c, as an example.
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Just checked, my build thread hasn't been neutered yet.

I really do not feel like converting all those image links in every post.

Will probably just get all my photos, upload to another option, and do a photo dump in the thread.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I have most of my stuff on my hard drive but was able to grab some old ass pics back from the myspace days before my pb acct became defunct. I have an imgur now but it sounds like flickr is better!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

It is.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Regarding Flickr, it was recently acquired by Verizon and--knowing Verizon--it may not stay free forever.

Comment

Its a semi professional site, its 100x less likely you will ever lose your pictures then trashbucket was.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

It's not just the car community - pretty much everything with a forum is getting affected by this.

While yes, PB has sucked for a LONG, LONG time - there is a lot of older stuff in archived threads that will get hit by this. I was reviewing Raul's old build thread and almost all the pix were hidden. I just went directly to his PB account and was able to see (and download them), but it's going to be an extra step when we hit up old threads.

Lately, I've just used Tapatalks to upload photo's since it's pretty easy to do - but I may start migrating links to my own paid for sites that I use for offsite backup of Family photos.

As others have said - it sucks, but I have always tried to keep multiple backups of any photo or video I have digitally. It's just the paranoia part of me I guess.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Funnny thing is I used to pay them years ago and have been using other means of hosting for a while, about 6 months ago I thought I better get my shit out of there and downloaded everything going back to 2002.

DIE IN A FIRE PB!!!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                          Regarding Flickr, it was recently acquired by Verizon and--knowing Verizon--it may not stay free forever.
                          It's not free for me now, although I think the $25 I pay annually for a Pro account is worth every penny.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            It's not free for me now, although I think the $25 I pay annually for a Pro account is worth every penny.

$25 annually is reasonable..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Take your business elsewhere. Photobucket has been shit for years. By my best estimate I haven't used photobucket in 10 years.
                              Last edited by varg; 07-01-2017, 04:05 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Just got an email that my account has been suspended for third party linking. As it has been at least 5 years since I used them, it has to be an ancient thread somewhere.

I went in to look at the account and there are so many ads & pop ups my 180mb internets can't open the page.

WTF?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                                X