Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Follow it to the transmission.

Looks like you won’t need it soon!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Kickdown!

ty

Comment

shipment was pushed back to monday/tuesday... fine, plenty of time to order a clutch i guess

ancillaries removed... motor and trans are ready to come out (once i manage to break the driveshaft bolts free)

Comment

also very turned on about the idea of power washing that engine bay and removing all of the nasty cosmoline in there. can't see too well in that photo but most of my engine bay is yellow (or black)

Comment

Try and pressure wash the underside too. Is nice to start with a fresh slate!

If you rent one, Maybe try and get a heated version, makes life much easier.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Wow just got a call from the shop I ordered the manual transmission from

I ordered it on Wednesday last week “it’s going out by end of the day today, should be there Friday, you need to be home to receive it”

I call Friday about arranging receipt of the trans and “oh whoops it hasn’t gone out yet we’ll get it out by end of business today you’ll see it early next week”

I call today “you should either get it by end of today or early tomorrow”

Just got a call now “hey man you’re in AZ, right?” No I’m in TX..

“Ok well it hasn’t gone out yet we’ll get it out by end of today”

Are you kidding me

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                Try and pressure wash the underside too. Is nice to start with a fresh slate!

If you rent one, Maybe try and get a heated version, makes life much easier.

didn't realize this was something you could rent, nice i'll look into it

Comment

moving right along then..

man this engine bay is disgusting

Comment

What is the engine removal for?

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

swapping to a manual trans and prepping the motor for boost.

pulling everything out seemed like the easiest way to go as i also want to clean up my disgusting engine bay, run clutch lines, swap steering racks, clean up wiring, etc.

Comment

still haven't ordered a clutch.. been having a tough time deciding and i don't want to pay out of my ass for one either

apparently the transmission that's coming does not have a clutch on it so i have to order one no matter what... i can easily stomach a stock clutch but would it be foolish to do that? i plan to just "get it running" with MS and boost and then slowly upgrade for power... probably worth just buying a decent clutch right out the gate huh?

i've currently got my eye on a spec stage 3 but mixed reviews are making me worry and I don't want to pay more than $500ish for a clutch ugh

Comment

have you looked into gripforce? they make decent clutches. been running a stage 2 in my car for 60,000 miles now.
                          1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                          1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                          1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                          1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

I had no problems with my Spec stage 2 clutch. Was used on a boosted m42 for a number of years with no probs. Wasn't making crazy power though...
                            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                            -----------------------------------------
                            91 318is Turbo Sold
                            87 325 Daily driver Sold
                            06 4.8is X5
                            06 Mtec X3
                            05 4.4i X5 Sold
                            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                            90 325i Sold
                            97 328is Sold
                            01 323ci Sold
                            92 325i Sold
                            83 528e Totaled
                            98 328i Sold
                            93 325i Sold

Comment

wow flywheels are expensive... D:

so much for $3-400 to for the clutch

Comment

trans showed up today
                                inside of the bellhousing is FILTHY so i'm just gonna go ahead and order a set of new seals for this thing. slave cylinder looks newish so that's cool. came with a shifter but it's in worse shape than the one i have so i probably won't use it.

also rolled the dice on an fx stage 3 six puck sprung clutch from gripforce. definitely overkill for now but my goal is to make it to 350tq and by then i'll have decided on a new direction i'm sure.. whether it be building for more power or swapping

Comment

Working...
                                X