m42 oil weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnwoo View Post
    also so what is the opinion on synthetic and dino? yeh or ney. i've heard so many sides to it. my first introduction to bmw so im not sure what to use.
    i know in my older cars i just stik with dino oil
    Synthetic is better in every way.

Comment

do you have any leaks right now? if so don't use synthetic
      sigpic
      24v swapped

Comment

It is not in the Bently because that Engine is covered in the e36 manuel. I recomend you get an e36 manuel because it is an "e36" engine. All the motor stuff for the 318is is most likely not in the Bently, except fuses, relays, lights, and generic stuff.

Oh and I use 10w40, my dealer said that was perfect for the climate and location

Comment

I use synthetic only because that is what I've been using since I had the engine rebuilt (new rings, bearings, seals, etc.) on my 318is.

In my E24 I use dino oil since that engine has not been run on syn. according the previous owner.

Have to love the E24... and the E30 of course.

Comment

I run synthetic 10W40 (have since I bought the car 12k miles ago). I do not currently have any oil leaks. I did have a giant one from the filter housing, but that can't be blamed on running synthetic oil -- that was a 17-year-old o-ring failure lol.
            The current fleet:
            1992 325ic: 148k-171k miles
            1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4WD, 114k-142k miles
            1984 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes Powerslot (not a car :D) PCM Ford 351W, 904 hours

Comment

Working...
            X