adjustable lollipops to fix castor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adjustable lollipops to fix castor?

When five lugging an e30 see that alot of people use m3 offset CAB to increase camber or use Treehouse racing eyeball arms. Now i know that when using non m steering knuckels or when not using 96+ contol arms the front tyres will be shoved toward the back of the wheel well. I haven't found anyone using adjustable control arm brackets to correct castor in these situation. Would a product such as AKGs brackets (http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog...Control%20Arms) have enough adjustment to correct castor no matter what steering knuckle, control arm combo used?

Originally posted by IrocE30 View Post
    When five lugging an e30 see that alot of people use m3 offset CAB to increase camber or use Treehouse racing eyeball arms. Now i know that when using non m steering knuckels or when not using 96+ contol arms the front tyres will be shoved toward the back of the wheel well. I haven't found anyone using adjustable control arm brackets to correct castor in these situation. Would a product such as AKGs brackets (http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog...Control%20Arms) have enough adjustment to correct castor no matter what steering knuckle, control arm combo used?
    I had the AKG's and while they are really nice they do not adjust into themselves enough to compensate for the extra castor needed with the five lug swap.

Comment

Maybe try the full AKG control arm set up
      sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
      The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

The AKG's dont compensate for only 0.5" - 1" of caster? Surely an adjustable arm can extend by that much?

Comment

but can there control arm set handle being driven on normal roads? they are made out of aluminum.

Comment

Well that depends on what grade of ally its made from. SOME alloys are stronger than steel. Just depends on what they have used to make them..

Comment

I'd like to know who is running these on the street and get some feedback from them. I deffinetly wouldnt mind picking them up but for 1800 dollars i dont want to destroy them running them on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMbimmer07 View Post
                I'd like to know who is running these on the street and get some feedback from them. I deffinetly wouldnt mind picking them up but for 1800 dollars i dont want to destroy them running them on the street.
                They are going to be noisy but you should already have expected that seeing how they utilize a spherical bearing instead of a rubber bushing. Judging by how beefy they are and being made by an extremely reputable company like AKG I'm sure they could handle whatever abuse you throw at them. Like I said they don't adjust in far enough to center the wheel in the wheel well opening with the five lug e36 stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X