Gadsden Flag has been hijacked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gadsden Flag has been hijacked.

So today I tried to help a guy push his car out of the snow that he got it stuck in.

I didn't bring any tow straps, but I did what I could.

On the way out he pointed at my tag and asked if it were a "Tea Party" plate, to which I responded "No, it's the Gadsden flag." He kind of shrugged my response off and went about his business.

The flag represents strength through Unity, and now the Tea Party has tarnished it to now divide.

/Rant.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Me thinks your not really familiar with the Gadsden and why its the perfect choice for the "tea people" then. Nor do you seem to be too familiar with the symbolism of the the rattle snake on the flag, and again why it fits the "tea people" well. I dont think you quite understand what the "tea party" stands for and what they are trying to accomplish.

Its been used several times since the revolution to express disagreement with the govt and what its up too.

I think your getting the Unity thing form Ben Franklin's cartoon "join or die" of the 8 segmented rattle snake that predates the gadsden by a quarter century and was done up during the french and Indian war
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-13-2014, 11:25 AM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Me thinks your not really familiar with the Gadsden and why its the perfect choice for the "tea people" then. Nor do you seem to be too familiar with the symbolism of the the rattle snake on the flag, and again why it fits the "tea people" well. I dont think you quite understand what the "tea party" stands for and what they are trying to accomplish.

Its been used several times since the revolution to express disagreement with the govt and what its up too.

I think your getting the Unity thing form Ben Franklin's cartoon "join or die" of the 8 segmented rattle snake that predates the gadsden by a quarter century and was done up during the french and Indian war
      To the tea party it only means: don't tread on my medicare, but don't you dare let anyone else enjoy my socialized healthcare.

Comment

shall I start posting pics of the Occu-tards. Every group has its idiots.......

Besides I dont really see any "tea people" affiliations going on that pic, those could just as easily be stupid R's too. Oh wait anyone that has a conservative view point just lumps in right????
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Those are quite the assumptions there.

I am well versed on the flag, and it's roots. Also, to say that the Unity "thing" applies to Benjamin Franklin's cartoon but does not carry over the the snake on the Gadsden flag, is being quite selective.

As you noted, the cartoon predated the flag. That said, the Gadsden flag depicts 13 segments in the rattle on the tail. Is it not safe to assume that this is representative of the 13 colonies being united?

The tea party doesn't need a name in front of it. It exists in the people themselves. I view the "Organized" Tea party as a Circus of sorts.

I guess I was being a little misdirected in my original post blaming the "Tea Party" for this, as the problem lays on the people themselves.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Well, you are correct, the unity thing is part of the deal, I guess I should have conceded that in the beginning. That is just not the primary symbolism of the flag. The 13 bits obviously do give it that. It was carried as a battle standard of the marines during the revolution and was also flown from the Colonial flag ship IIRC as warning not so much unity.

Its primary meaning and warning, is dont fuck with me and I wont fuck with you. I will not start the fight, I will do all I can to avoid having to fight, but if you insist on fucking with me and press the issue, I will kill your or die trying...............

Edit: FWIW, I have a had a small Gadsden on the back window of most ever vehicle I have ever owned (predating the "tea party by at least a decade), and used one a book mark most of the way though high school, and still do to this day.
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-13-2014, 12:20 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

here's some reading on the usage today of this symbol.

notice it is an official SecNav directive.

Comment

Weirdos.
                2011 1M Alpine white/black
                1996 Civic white/black
                1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                  Weirdos.

weak effort at being dismissive. surely you can do better.

Comment

If only we could be as dismissive as you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Fucking tea baggers ruining America.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                        Fucking tea baggers ruining America.
                        because democrats and republicans aren't? yes, they have a ton of idiots that are good for retarded sound bytes on the evening news. i am not a "bagger" by any means but they have a point. i.e.: our government is fucked up and they are trying to fix it by being misspoken retards.

here is an example of government waste from my industry perspective: take the cleveland airport. they just spent the last year building a new air traffic control tower there. i would guess it is perhaps 300 feet tall. it probably cost-who knows....10 million dollars to construct. what the fuck do they need it in a bullshit city like to begin with? to add insult to injury, right as its being finished, united airlines announces that it is pulling out of cleveland as a hub. so fucking stupid. what a goddam waste of money.

here is another example: my ex was a school district administrator. they have a defined fiscal budget they need to use every year. if they don't use the money, they lose it and as a consequence, they will also get less money for the next year. as a result, they are encouraged to waste the extra money they have so the budget isn't fucked for the next anjo. this is exactly how it is in pretty much every aspect of government across the nation. so goddam wasteful and stupid. people should be awarded for saving money, not rewarded for wasting it. this, among other things pisses me right the hell off.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

dont feed the troll

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            here is another example: my ex was a school district administrator. they have a defined fiscal budget they need to use every year. if they don't use the money, they lose it and as a consequence, they will also get less money for the next year. as a result, they are encouraged to waste the extra money they have so the budget isn't fucked for the next anjo. this is exactly how it is in pretty much every aspect of government across the nation. so goddam wasteful and stupid. people should be awarded for saving money, not rewarded for wasting it. this, among other things pisses me right the hell off.
                            State run transportation services do the same thing.
                            No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                            X