No announcement yet.

WTF Cops....again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, you keep repeating yourself because you're incapable of accepting that anything other than a mirrored opinion to yours as potentially valid.

Carry on all you'd like.

Comment

Logic through tort and property rights. Stealing property is wrong. Now just imagine if that property was your life. You're advocating that it's okay to steal life as long as the other person thought it was okay. It's such a childish way to look at things. Another way to see this is to question yourself how would you feel if it would happen to your own. Would the first thing you say be, well my son shouldn't of been holding his toy gun.

Please great arbiter, carry on.

Comment

Are non lethal rounds not an option for police? Thought they still packed quite a wallop?

Kid probably forgot he had a real looking ak, cops know the world is super fucked. I can see this being a scary encounter for the cops or a "funny i have an ak" walking down the street scenario.

Comment

They're an option yes, but their effectiveness varies. Are cops supposed to carry around two firearms, one with live rounds and the other with simunition of sorts? They have tasers for less lethal application, they can't carry everything under the sun.

In this situation it would have been very difficult for the cops to know that they were not staring down the barrel of a real AK, they acted accordingly and unfortunately someone got killed.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
            They're an option yes, but their effectiveness varies. Are cops supposed to carry around two firearms, one with live rounds and the other with simunition of sorts? They have tasers for less lethal application, they can't carry everything under the sun.

In this situation it would have been very difficult for the cops to know that they were not staring down the barrel of a real AK, they acted accordingly and unfortunately someone got killed.
            I don't doubt they were in a bind, and acted the best they could.

I would think they could just carry a couple mags with live rounds, not have extra guns.

Tasers and even bullets have varied effectiveness too.

I was not there, so unfortunately all I can do is believe that what transpired was the truth.

Comment

this happened close to my town. Cop acted a little too quick from what I hear but if you see a fucking A/K being raised at you, what do you do? It looks real from 10ft away
              "I wanna see da boat movie"
              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                this happened close to my town. Cop acted a little too quick from what I hear but if you see a fucking A/K being raised at you, what do you do? It looks real from 10ft away

The same cop once shot himself in the leg by accident too...

WTF happened to don't fire unless fired upon?

I know I wouldn't like to wait either but this is a 48 year old officer with military background. Like I said, I wasn't there, but the more I have read the less justified this seems.

Good thing the kid didn't turn on his "mean gene".

Comment

Originally posted by Lodsin View Post
                  WTF happened to don't fire unless fired upon?
                  Military Rules of Engagement do not apply for police officers, and thank god for that. They already have a dangerous enough job, no need to give the criminals a first shot. Our military is already handicapped enough by these rules...

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                    Military Rules of Engagement do not apply for police officers, and thank god for that. They already have a dangerous enough job, no need to give the criminals a first shot. Our military is already handicapped enough by these rules...
                    Those aren't our (military) RoE. We need to see "hostile act or intent". That doesn't require someone pulling a trigger.

Back on topic: http://www.hngn.com/articles/22644/2...n-accident.htm
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                      Those aren't our (military) RoE. We need to see "hostile act or intent". That doesn't require someone pulling a trigger.

Back on topic: http://www.hngn.com/articles/22644/2...n-accident.htm
                      from that article Smith and the officer who shot him were reportedly part of BART's detective unit, according to the Associated Press. The two were searching the apartment of a man who is under investigation for allegedly carrying out robberies on BART property, AP reported. The man was in custody, and wasn't home at the time.

Were they searching for a suspect who was already in custody?
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by JinormusJ
                      Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                      1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                      1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                      1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                      1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

I got the impression they were searching for evidence, likely items that victims had reported stolen or pawn shop receipts, etc...
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

CHP is a group of hack cops:

2011 1M Alpine white/black
                          1996 Civic white/black
                          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Cops break teen boys arm trying to get him off a school bus, he was resisting somewhat but not violently nor in a menacing way, I mean this is FUCKING BLATANTLY trying to break the kids arm to garner compliance and administer immediate punishment for defying his will. Cost the department and the county a cool 7 figures.

Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Don't even know what to say.

OCEANSIDE, Calif. – The owner of an Oceanside store that sells various gun parts to build a rifle from scratch refused to turn over his customer list to federal agents. Dimitrios Karras, owner of A…

This was posted by turge on facebook but it's a cool story.

Cliff Notes: Restraining order against ATF

Comment

Working...
                              X