1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Thanks mate.

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

Comment

I ordered a kit today.

Comment

I made all of my own mounts. I just had to cock the one firewall bracket to the side.

Comment

That truck-bed liner or whatever it is coating under the hood looks awesome. Is your motor mounted directly to the chassis?

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
              That truck-bed liner or whatever it is coating under the hood looks awesome. Is your motor mounted directly to the chassis?
              It is. Its a LS1 swap. I will post some more photos in a build thread once its complete. Should be a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                It is. Its a LS1 swap. I will post some more photos in a build thread once its complete. Should be a week or so.
                Nice, can't wait to see it, looks super clean just from those shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                  Nice, can't wait to see it, looks super clean just from those shots.
                  Its a lot further along then this. But this is all I have in my phone right now.

Comment

That looks really good. Too bad DOHC v8's occupy the space where that firewall bracket mounts in the factory location. Modifying the pedal bracket assembly correctly to move that thing to the other side of the brake pedal is the hardest part of the damn swap.
                    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                    e30 restoration and V8 swap
                    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Yeah, I just rotated the bracket and drilled 4 new holes. bolted it in with a new seal. I did shorten the lever on the outside to line up better with the booster though.

Comment

What headers are you running if you don't me asking
                        1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                        COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                          What headers are you running if you don't me asking
                          I made them, along with all of the mounts.

Comment

Started the install. The kit doesn't come with the clevis, so you'll need to buy one, which isn't mentioned in the install guide. They're cheap on ECS, with all the parts I had to buy to finish this out I was over the threshold for free shipping. ECS carries the T fitting, as well as the extensions brake line.

Comment

On average how much is this set up costing VS. doing the wilwood/ Tilton setup?

I’m going to be using 335i F30 sport brake calipers and I’m wondering which way would be my most cost affective and best route

Comment

Originally posted by dmjensen View Post
                                On average how much is this set up costing VS. doing the wilwood/ Tilton setup?

I’m going to be using 335i F30 sport brake calipers and I’m wondering which way would be my most cost affective and best route
                                I got the E34 setup for $400,might be able to find it cheaper, might cost more. I'm about $550 in with the 300mm.de kit. Can probably make the stock components work, but that takes more time.

Comment

Working...
                                X