Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
    Honda Sells a complete k24 with drysump.
    Buy the complete thing if you are honestly serious; from The engine manufacturer.

Nobody on R3v will be doing this but I’m going to post this troll link anyways.

If one actually wanted to do dry sump k24 they would have bought it already because it’s a steal for $9,995 with new engine already assembled.

No dry sumps are for street use; the Honda factory HPD is for racing as stated.

Dry sump Pumps do wear out much much much sooner than street car components; shit ton of pumbing, incredible amount of small an fitting expense; you don’t want dry sump for a street car

Modify the crossmember / oil pan like all other swaps

Similar to the CTR crate motor it's only for race applications, as in you'd have to prove its only going in a race car. it'd be hard to get anyway since it was so long ago.

agreed the pan modification is much more reasonable anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Besides packing a motor into a car why would you want to use a dry sump? Better oiling for high rev's, that's what I think I've heard in the past.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
        Similar to the CTR crate motor it's only for race applications, as in you'd have to prove its only going in a race car. it'd be hard to get anyway since it was so long ago.

agreed the pan modification is much more reasonable anyway

Depends on your network, if I wanted a new hpd dry sump and desired to burn the cash could have one here mid next week.

Useless for street cars anyways;
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Depends on your network, if I wanted a new hpd dry sump and desired to burn the cash could have one here mid next week.

Useless for street cars anyways;

very true, same here lol but for street car it's really unnecessary. honestly even in our race cars we've never needed to dry sump a K series

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
            very true, same here lol but for street car it's really unnecessary. honestly even in our race cars we've never needed to dry sump a K series

Agree. If you are in position to need to dry sump a Honda k series then you don’t need a swap kit; car doesn’t see the street.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Have either of you ever tried to put a K series in an E36?

Comment

No dry sumps are for street use; the Honda factory HPD is for racing as stated.

Dry sump Pumps do wear out much much much sooner than street car components; shit ton of pumbing, incredible amount of small an fitting expense; you don’t want dry sump for a street.

Don’t tell Porsche !
                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                  Don’t tell Porsche !

Or Chevrolet for that matter.

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Don’t tell Porsche !
                    Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                    Or Chevrolet for that matter.

Do you own a gt3rs or a zr1?

Not really same category of subject as “let’s put a cheap Honda engine in my even cheaper old Bmw”
                    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 03-03-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Do you own a gt3rs or a zr1?

Not really same category of subject as “let’s put a cheap Honda engine in my even cheaper old Bmw”
                      I don’t have a fancy gt3rs, just a simple 1982 911. Every single 911 for the first 30 years or so of production is dry sumped.

I totally agree with you about dry sumping the Honda.
                      Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I don’t have a fancy gt3rs, just a simple 1982 911. Every single 911 for the first 30 years or so of production is dry sumped.

I totally agree with you about dry sumping the Honda.

Was trying to compare the products prior mentioned (aftermarket dry sumps, multi stage for racing use like the crazy modern gt3rs brilliant setups), and avoid getting into Oem dry sumps designed for street use because it’s an outlier and not really possible for the aftermarket to do (currently)

Perhaps in the near future with modern technology it can happen. The in scavenge pan pump housed aftermarket setups are pretty rad, I guess it could be “streetable” if one had a spare and just scheduled to do oil pan change when it was due to be serviced .....

Comment

Was trying to compare the products prior mentioned (aftermarket dry sumps, multi stage for racing use like the crazy modern gt3rs brilliant setups), and avoid getting into Oem dry sumps designed for street use because it’s an outlier and not really possible for the aftermarket to do (currently)

Perhaps in the near future with modern technology it can happen. The in scavenge pan pump housed aftermarket setups are pretty rad, I guess it could be “streetable” if one had a spare and just scheduled to do oil pan change when it was due to be serviced .....

My 911 has exactly what you describe, a multi stage dry sump pump in the bottom of the engine case. There is no need to service it because it lasts hundreds of thousands of miles, thankfully because they are over $1k to replace. I could bolt in a GT3 dry sump oil pump to my engine with small clearancing mods to the case.

Pretty amazing tech for the early 1960’s !
                          Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Byron
                            Leichtbau

Comment

ooooohhhhhh sshhhiiiitttttt
                              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

2j anyone