Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilt E30 5 speed transmissions, Getrag spec e30

Originally posted by andrew240z View Post
    our rebuilt Getrag 260's are still available. the Current price is $1250 with core exchange. Parts cost has forced prices up but we are still the lowest cost, highest quality rebuild. We also stock rebuilt E36 Getrags and ZF's.

Drive-gear.com

$1250 doesn’t even cover brand new parts for 6x new Syncros ($70 each) or an entire set of new needle/ support bearings (over $1k).

Then I guess labor would be $- negative charge; I would like to buy something and pay negative for labor also.

Have purchased new getrag gearbox parts myself and fitted them; I know the expense

Anyone can go to the Bmw dealership parts counter and verify this; even wholesale it’s not close to possible.

R3v spec “rebuild” with a lot of paint and used everything....
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
      $1250 doesn’t even cover brand new parts for 6x new Syncros ($70 each) or an entire set of new needle/ support bearings (over $1k).

Then I guess labor would be $- negative charge; I would like to buy something and pay negative for labor also.

Have purchased new getrag gearbox parts myself and fitted them; I know the expense

Anyone can go to the Bmw dealership parts counter and verify this; even wholesale it’s not close to possible.

You quoted a post from 4 years ago....

And they don’t even do it anymore likely because of the high cost nowadays
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        You quoted a post from 4 years ago....

And they don’t even do it anymore likely because of the high cost nowadays

It did answer your question though.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

It did answer your question though.

My question was answered by the company 6 months ago referring me to another company... when someone mentioned they would try them, I requested to be updated. Your post was pointless.

I wonder if every post you do is attempting to troll people or if you’re really that dense
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

My question was answered by the company 6 months ago referring me to another company... when someone mentioned they would try them, I requested to be updated. Your post was pointless.

I wonder if every post you do is attempting to troll people or if you’re really that dense

If you cannot realize Bmw would be the cheapest place for a reman transmission you are pretty dense. They do still sell them and costs are less than the sum of parts required to rebuild one with proper new parts.

If one wants to rebuild an engine twice to get one good result like you then I guess my advice is moot

Comment

Looks like I really should have gotten one 9 years ago. IX transmissions are NLA according to RealOEM.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Way to quote a 4 year old post with your typical high and mighty response. The air must be pretty thin way up on that high horse you're riding, the lack of oxygen is making you incoherent.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Burn.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    Way to quote a 4 year old post with your typical high and mighty response. The air must be pretty thin way up on that high horse you're riding, the lack of oxygen is making you incoherent.

R3vtardism gotten to your logic?
                    Perhaps try getting High and laughing at your own response

No reason to be so butthurt by trolls on the internet

Comment

R3vtardism gotten to your logic?
                      Perhaps try getting High and laughing at your own response

No reason to be so butthurt by trolls on the internet
                      so you are just trolling...

shame because Ive seen a lot of good info posted by you, but nothing good lately.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

so you are just trolling...

shame because Ive seen a lot of good info posted by you, but nothing good lately.

Zero trolling; just stating reality that most r3v folk don’t want to admit.
                        Gearbox rebuilds cost more than an e30.
                        Bmw boxes are expensive AF parts wise.
                        I don’t give a fuck what the junkyard charges; they don’t sell brand new parts.

Currently in process of building 2x full wpc treated zf sg320 5 speed gearboxes with new internal bearings synchronizers, guide tubes and assorted proper parts.

It costs a hell of a lot of money and if avail a Bmw reman would be cheaper than an independent built stock unit; don’t even think about an upgraded unit.

Just because one is cheap doesn’t mean Bmw parts are.

You honestly don’t want to know the customer cost on this.

The wholesale cost on a Bmw reman zf5 speed was a hair under $3k. We bought one of those also; for parts. Because it was cheaper than buying all the parts individually

Car it’s going in

Comment

That’s a whole lot of effort to post on a 4 year old thread, and include photos.

It’s your time though, spend it how you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                            That’s a whole lot of effort to post on a 4 year old thread, and include photos.

It’s your time though, spend it how you want.

Most folks trying to talk about transmission “freebuilding” have no right or expertise in doing things the correct way.
                            Bmw remanufactured transmissions are a good deal; r3vtards can’t seem comprehend how good Bmw is for economic running

Comment

Vintage!!
                              Welcome back 2009 R3v ..... oh how I’ve missed you [emoji4]

Drive Tastefully!
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                              IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Does anyone know if this guy still rebuilds trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X