Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it’s going over 10k for sure. I’d be very surprised if it didn’t.

Comment

$8900 with a little over an hour left. Gunna be close for $10k.

Comment

$9500 - Seller did well on that one.

Seller has a solid history on BAT, he was available to answer questions and show the car, and the car was nicely presented.

Winning combo.
        1991 318iC
        1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Arghhh so close.

Comment

You were real close on the 10k prediction. Especially with the auto trans.

Comment

1990 325i
              Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #19,067.
              Attached Files
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The selling price of that car will say a lot about the state of the E30 market. It's nothing special, not a mint all original car, not a survivor, not low mileage, not unmodified. It's just a good looking high mileage E30. If it turns out to be expensive it'll be another sign of the E30 dwindling days as a mod happy enthusiast's car and transition to a collector's ornament.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                  The selling price of that car will say a lot about the state of the E30 market. It's nothing special, not a mint all original car, not a survivor, not low mileage, not unmodified. It's just a good looking high mileage E30. If it turns out to be expensive it'll be another sign of the E30 dwindling days as a mod happy enthusiast's car and transition to a collector's ornament.
                  Sadly, I think you'll be correct. It's a good clean example that would have been a couple grand or so a few years back.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I'm going to keep a very close eye on this auction as it mirrors what's been done on my E30. Right down the the mods and restoration. Mileage is very close to what my odometer is sitting at (255k).

EDIT - I just discovered that both of our cars were built in 1/90
                    Last edited by laidback93; 05-15-2019, 01:04 PM.
                    90 Bronzit 325is
                    16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Already $8,000, oof. Looks like the E30 market is going to be in Nissan S14 territory soon.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 3-17

Comment

A clean car but accident history and high miles. I think Varg was a mini Nostradamus here.

Comment

If anyone needs to know where the E30 market is going, look no furthur than the 2002 market of a decade and a half ago.... the trends are extremely identical.
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
                            If anyone needs to know where the E30 market is going, look no furthur than the 2002 market of a decade and a half ago.... the trends are extremely identical.
                            Quoted for truth.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

What gets my ruffles ruffled is BMW continuing non support of E30 factory parts. It's one thing to say meh, let's not produce door handles anymore - that's stuff the aftermbcan reproduce. But shiate like dash's, a part they know fails over time, and can not be repaired convincingly like original, they won't reproduce consistently.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I think we're already there. I've sold 2 nothing special 87' verts recently. One even had rust for way more than what you could have gotten it for 3-5 years ago.

Honestly, I think it might happen to E34's as well just for being adjacent to E30's. Especially 540i M-sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X