Shortened M42 Oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FredK View Post
    You need to follow your own advice. An M50 swap will not cost $6000 all said and done. I also happened to do two swaps with information solely contained on r3vlimited.com.
    You might have to do a third in about a week. ;) Around how much does it cost Fred?

Comment

I did one for around $1500 including all the essential maintenance parts, with an E36 trans and a 3.25 rear end. It's possible to do it cheaper if you reuse the G240 trans, and your radiator is in good shape.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I did one for around $1500 including all the essential maintenance parts, with an E36 trans and a 3.25 rear end. It's possible to do it cheaper if you reuse the G240 trans, and your radiator is in good shape.
        The real question is, what is your labor rate in blowjobs?

I can use the G240 trans (just might need a clutch while I am in there), and my radiator is in good shape too.

Comment

um, I'll help you wire it up, but for extraction and all that junk, well, have your brother help you? :D

Comment

why not just get a stronger skid plate that won't deflect into the pan? seams like a cheaper/ better solution to me...

Comment

um, I'll help you wire it up, but for extraction and all that junk, well, have your brother help you? :D
              How hard is it to take it out and put it back in? I am sure Augy would be down. Did you fab up your own exhaust?

Originally posted by Dominic49 View Post
              why not just get a stronger skid plate that won't deflect into the pan? seams like a cheaper/ better solution to me...

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthr...ight=skidplate
              The skid plate is already 1.5 inches off the ground. I want to shorten the oil pan to go lower. So getting a heftier skid plate would be pointless.

Comment

It takes around a long weekend to do the swap. I made my own exhaust.

Comment

Come out and bend a simple one for the kid. I just swapped one in for him.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

You just swapped what in for him? A new skidplate?

Comment

huh?

Comment

You just swapped what in for him? A new skidplate?
                        I tossed my old M50 in his car out of my black rat. He needs to fab an exhaust and he wanted the Ebay long tubes so they went in. OT so no worries Fred.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          I tossed my old M50 in his car out of my black rat. He needs to fab an exhaust and he wanted the Ebay long tubes so they went in. OT so no worries Fred.
                          Why can't your throw in an M50 in for me??? Well I can pay in handjobs. Sorry, I am just a little closer with Fred.

Comment

how did this turn into a 24v swap thread haha. i see one in my future im a little nervous on the wiring but how hard is it really im generally pretty good with good with wiring like it doesnt frustate/confuse me just dont wanna know what id be getting into

Comment

So I guess the most you can raise the engine with M42 motor mounts is like 1/4" Looks like I am gonna have to put E28 motor mounts then raise it from there.

Bump on the oil pan?

Comment

if you have the mad money http://www.gttechnic.com/catalog.html

theres a drysump about 2/3 way down haha

Comment

Working...
                                X