Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The *OFFICIAL* 2010 California Caravan Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have to discuss a day for the caravan to leave, we can hit portland from vacaville in 9 hours easy, we should plan for 10.

Also, can a Mod please add '2010' to the title?

Comment

So you guys going to meet up with the Portland group so we can roll nice and deep, or you want to be all by yourselves? I think it would be cool to cruise up in a huge group of cars.
      sigpic
      e30 Sold long ago - Too many BMWs since then... For now 2006 M5

Comment

Tangken...

Most of the road (driven it myself 4 times now, round trip - 3 picnics and a mini meet) is pretty nice. Up in north northern California near Shastaand stuff the mountain carving isn't super twisty but it's curvy and smooth. In a caravan situation like this, it will be great.

Hellz...

What I have done traditionally in the past is meet up with at least Josh (Janderson) and Andrew (Nitro) in Salem and cruise to Portland for shenanigans and an overnight stay, then we shmob up to Tacoma the next morning in a larger group made of us and the Portland area crew.

Something like this:
        FRIDAY MORNING leave norcal / FRIDAY NIGHT stay in Portland after rounding up Oregonians on the way
        SATURDAY MORNING drive up a few hours to Tacoma area / SATURDAY AFTERNOON do the Griot's Garage thing and party at Crivellone's after
        SUNDAY is the picnic
        MONDAY MORNING drive back, usually a straight shot back to norcal
        Last edited by clavinZERO; 01-18-2010, 01:11 AM.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
        HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
        **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

1. Danny, Vacaville, CA, 19, 1989 Lachssilber 4door.
          2. Pierre, Rohnert Park, 19, 1991 Brilliantrot 2-door. (I plan on going for the most part)
          3. Rory, Santa Barbara, CA, 21 1990 325is (S50)
          4. ibarra, sacramento, ca, 23, 1986 bronzit 2-door slug
          5. Nick, Riverside CA, 17 1987 bronzit 325e 4 door (beater)
          6. Clay, Cotati/Rohnert Park CA, 27, 1990 325is - Sterlingsibler Metallic (5-lug General of S.C.U.D. hehehe)
          7. Miguel, Reseda, CA, 23, 1986 325e 2-door

So far i think i'm driving the furthest hahaha altho 6 months to plan this is PERFECT! Gives me time to make my E30 ready for the drive and enough time to get Friday, 6/25, off if necessary. Excited to meet any members i haven't met by then.
          Last edited by miggs87; 01-19-2010, 04:19 PM. Reason: adding "2-door"
          1986 325e
          http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthre...30#post1832030

Comment

I agree 100% with clay.

Comment

I like Clay's idea too, it'll be easy for me to get Friday off so that way it gives me plenty of time to leave up to Vacaville. I can just cruise up there. :mrgreen:
              1986 325e
              http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthre...30#post1832030

Comment

Seems like a pretty good idea. I just need to figure out a way to make sure I am up in Nor Cal by the time the caravan leaves in the morning. Maybe go up there and spend the night somewhere. Seems like it could work good.

Do Work www.sbeuroclub.com

Comment

So last time did you meet up with the Portland crew at the Portland Meadows? That place really kinda sucked as a meeting place because they ended up chasing us off, and nobody had even driven around like a dick yet. Last year we just went to Portland International Raceway after Portland Meadows gave us the boot... Why don't we just start at PIR this time? There should be some motorcycle racing going on that morning. I will make sure that the even is free to watch and report back as time gets closer.
                  sigpic
                  e30 Sold long ago - Too many BMWs since then... For now 2006 M5

Comment

If people need a place to crash in vacaville you can hit the floor at my place. I don't think my roommates will mind.

Comment

I think if we do another big breakfast as Sheri's restaurant near PIR that would be sweet, and their parking lot was big enough for us, right?

Comment

Originally posted by HellzMindPlaya View Post
                        So last time did you meet up with the Portland crew at the Portland Meadows? That place really kinda sucked as a meeting place because they ended up chasing us off, and nobody had even driven around like a dick yet. Last year we just went to Portland International Raceway after Portland Meadows gave us the boot... Why don't we just start at PIR this time? There should be some motorcycle racing going on that morning. I will make sure that the even is free to watch and report back as time gets closer.
                        Agreed, big huge group would be fun! Anyone know about bbq at James'? If you guys are staying in PDX for the night I can probably provide accommodation for 1-2 people right by Washington Square in Beaverton, bar right across the street with good food and reasonable drinks, one couch, an one floor lol.
                        Whats your planned arrival time on Saturday?

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

im sure i can come im in roseville, 1990 325is count me in sounds like a fun ass trip... any clue on a roundabout date
                          sigpic
                          Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

Lets do It!!! I'm not sure if i will be living in medford by then or not but I'm down, maybe I can bring a southern Oregon, Northern Cali group up to join the caravan... We'll see...
                            CBAKE
                            86 Eta (sold)
                            88 325ix (sold)
                            87 325i

Comment

Okay so here's what I'm thinking. We leave Vacaville at 4am sharp on Friday. That should get us up to Portland around 2-3 pm easily. Meet up with Portland peeps, shenanigans, etc etc. If you think we should leave early, please voice your opinion, nothing is set in stone. Yet.

Then after we all find a place to crash on Friday night. We meet up Saturday at PIR at 10ish, leave around 10:30 am. That should get us to Fife right around 1pm, right when the tech day should start. (Provided Griot's is staying at the location of last year)

We then leave Griot's to go to James' for the party (Easy drive, just follow anyone)

Then I say we meet back up at James' house at 10 am or so. (Assuming that's cool with him. James?) And head down to the LeMay museum around 10:30. This should let us arrive fashionably late, in true CA style, at 11am.

(Map is pending exact address from Lance. Lance?)

After the drive etc we can talk options for eating and then sleeping arrangements.

Monday we meet at PIR again at 10am and make the trek back home, splitting off on the freeway when need be.

Now on this caravan, I will be leading and Clay will be in the back.

We will stop for gas twice, all together and we will fill up, all together. We're going to stop at 231 miles in Weed, CA and again in Eugene, OR at 476 miles. Eugene to Portland is 111 miles. That should ensure everyone has enough gas for the majority of the weekend. We will be traveling at the speeds I am comfortable traveling at, this will generally be 5 miles an hour over the posted limit. If there is a problem with any car, you will have my cell phone number and if I pull over EVERYONE is pulling over.

Of course, highway runs and shenanigans are highly encouraged. I just wanna make sure there is some kind of order to this :)

Comment

Sounds solid Danny.

Comment

Working...
                                X