Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing Under Green Documentary airs Tonight at 9pm (1-19-10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing Under Green Documentary airs Tonight at 9pm (1-19-10)

Check local listings to confirm.

2009 Racing Under Green Documentary airs tonight at 9pm est on Planet Green.

It will repeat on Jan 20th 2010 on Planet Green at 5am and 1pm.

Check www.vw.com/racingundergreen for other times and dates.

http://www.volkswagenjettacup.com/

That trailer is so funny. I have never seen so many race cars flip over. Jetta = not a race car, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ///e30freak View Post
      Jetta = not a race car, ever.
      Yep. MkI and MkII Golfs and GTIs are race cars. Not Jettas.

Comment

A kid that graduated from my school is in that. His name is Rhett Tucker.
        Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
          Yep. MkI and MkII Golfs and GTIs are race cars. Not Jettas.
          gonna have to differ opinion on this one.

mk1/2 GTIs are scene cars, sure.

jettas are (with the exception of the rare/odd mk1/2 coupe) four-door, and given that and the structure that forms the c-pillar doesn't have a big fucking hatchback hole in it, they're stiffer as a result, as well as having less front-biased weight distribution.

all of that aside, they are the same chassis design (with a trunk) with the same engines and suspension, and golf/GTI owners who act snobby to the exclusion of anyone who's got a jetta are just being silly.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I got to go to the NJMP races last summer. Trust me, those Jetta TDI Cup cars are racers. The drivers inside them... not a whole bunch. ;)

I did some armchair timing and scoring from the bleachers enjoying the races. Around Thunderbolt, the leading TDI Cup cars were turning low 1:30's in the wet; only 10-15 seconds off the feature ARCA cars.
            - Sco

Keep Our City CLEAN & SAFE Do Your Part

Comment

Originally posted by Scotaku View Post
              I got to go to the NJMP races last summer. Trust me, those Jetta TDI Cup cars are racers. The drivers inside them... not a whole bunch. ;)

I did some armchair timing and scoring from the bleachers enjoying the races. Around Thunderbolt, the leading TDI Cup cars were turning low 1:30's in the wet; only 10-15 seconds off the feature ARCA cars.
              interesting comment there.. I wonder who was driving those cars when they were turning those times :) They are fwd so not the greatest platform imo but that series is doing well.
              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
              '91 SpecE30 #523
              '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by ///e30freak View Post
                That trailer is so funny. I have never seen so many race cars flip over. Jetta = not a race car, ever.
                Only 1 car flipped over. It wasnt his fault though, someone hit from behind and the design of the sand pit helped him flipped.

Not sure what you mean you've seen so many race cars flip over.

http://www.volkswagenjettacup.com/

Comment

We have been cheering AJ Nealey #2 over on the sandbox (www.roadraceautox.com) for awhile. I was very happy to see the insider stories and whatnot. Was stoked for AJ that he had so much screen time.

My thoughts coming out of it were this:

1. The #22 driver Andrew Novich who kept coming back accross track after he went off was a complete douchcanoe, amazing he didn't hurt himself or anyone else
                  2. When I saw #27 Andy Lee's mom sold her house to pay for him to race 1 season. Fuck that x 11eventy billion. Could never had asked my 'rents to do that.
                  3. I was happy for #17 Timmy Megenbier to win the championship, but his father, holy shit. "I don't know why they are penalizing him for blocking, any sponser would want their driver to hold the position on the last lap to get the win." I could have done without seeing his dad a dozen times.

I will be at VIR for the first two races of the 2010 season April 24-25, look forward to watching them.
                  1987 325i LeChump: H&R Race springs, weight reduction and beat to hell

2005 Mazda RX8: Koni Yellows, Hotchkis FSB, 245 BFG Rivals RTR #11

2011 Mazda CX7 Sport: The family truckster

2001 Buick Park Ave: The DD grandpamobile

1991 Ford F150 XLT 302: camping/towing

Comment

^I've been cheering AJ Nealey too, I went to HS with his sister and have looked up to him since the days he was driving around a turbo civic. It's great to see how far he has come since his days starting up in autox.
                    sigpic

Comment

One of those kids should never have been let on the track...fucking retard.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
                      X