Oh, hi Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
    They're not trying to piss anyone off. They're just trying to act like they belong with the international community. They have no reason whatsoever to anger the United States with everything great that has happened to them so far - mostly due to American and European diplomacy.

I don't know how much proof you want, the whole world knows that the US has been engaging in diplomatic talks behind the scenes with Iran for almost a year now. Everything that we are seeing unfold before us has been being planned behind the stage between the US and the Iranian gov't and Israel doesn't like it one bit.

Iran is desperately trying to reopen ties with the West. Some extreme rightists within their country have said otherwise, but it's just a plain fact at this point.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0L820K20140203

Between school and work ive been a little further out of the loop than I would like but why would it matter if they piss the US off?And i believe Israel is upset about these things because of the constant threats of wiping them off the map.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ion-responded/

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
      Between school and work ive been a little further out of the loop than I would like but why would it matter if they piss the US off?And i believe Israel is upset about these things because of the constant threats of wiping them off the map.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ion-responded/
      It's complicated, and sorta stupid, since most of it is hyped/blown up by Western media.
      Cliffs: Israel is not/should not feel threatened by Iran. They have enough nukes to destroy the living shit out of Iran, multiple times.
      Iran has no capability of doing anything to Israel even if they wanted to.
      Besides - that whole "wipe Israel off the map" was the rhetoric of former Iranian President Ahmadinejad, who's long gone.
      He was replaced by a moderate, voted in by the Iranian people, who were fed up with his extreme image/dialogue, and want to reconnect to the world.

One more important thing to point out when debunking the myth of Iran wanting to bomb Israel:

Sorta ironic that it came from the mouth of Ahmadinejad, but it actually makes sense.

Iran loves the Palestinians. Palestinians are currently live intertwined with Israel, as the Israeli territories completely surround them.

This ain't rocket science , but ..

if Iran was to bomb Israel, they'd be killing Palestinians, as well.

Since its inception, the Islamic Republic of Iran has relied on making extreme, and hyped up statements about foreign policy. Stuff such as the "great satan", etc..

Basically, if Iran was still living in the Khomeini-era, a whole lot of things they are doing right would be illegal. Stuff that the political leaders in Iran are doing anything would be illegal or "satanic" if judged by Khomeini. This leads to the notion that things are changing in Iran, drastically.

While change is largely happening, there are (like there will always be) outliers within the population who are resistant to change. In Iran, this is categorized by the extreme rightists, who still invision a Khomeini Iran. This is comparable to American Tea Party members - who want to see an "old, traditional America." Same way that politicians across the isles back home in America are still skeptical about engaging with Iran - they want to remain in the 1980s era, and Ahmadinejad-era status quo in regards to Iran.

When it comes down to it, it's up to you to judge the situation.

Mr. Sleeve is obviously convinced by people such as AIPAC, the Tea Party, Evangelical/misc. American religious figures who are paid by lobbyists, and other liberal and conservative politicians/thinkers who are either: heavily influenced by conservative Israeli politicians/lobbyists, or Anti-Iranian Arab States (long rivals of Iran).

I, millions of Americans, a majority of Europeans, and hundreds of millions (billions?) from around the globe like to look elsewhere for my news and political talk. Hopefully, you can see how small of a minority in perspective think so negatively of Iran. And it's not just Muslims, its Jews, Christians, etc.. Alternatively, you could choose to turn on Fox and turn off your brain. ;D

S

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

88 325is Five Speed
        Lachssilber

Comment

Sorry freedude I dont listen or follow with the evangelicals or other brands of jesus. I think what has come out of the the Iranian leaderships mouth for the last 30 years and how it has treated its own people is enough "evidence" to me that we need not be trying to befriend them, and turning our backs on our allies in the process......

When you have radicals that worry more about rhetoric infering the wiping of the jews off the map weather they can retaliate or not is a bit worrisome
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-09-2014, 07:28 PM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Lot's of bozo-ness going on up in here.

Reminds me of grad school classes when I was getting my MA in International Relations.

Sheer bozo-ness.
            2011 1M Alpine white/black
            1996 Civic white/black
            1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
              It's complicated, and sorta stupid, since most of it is hyped/blown up by Western media.
              Cliffs: Israel is not/should not feel threatened by Iran. They have enough nukes to destroy the living shit out of Iran, multiple times.
              Iran has no capability of doing anything to Israel even if they wanted to.
              Besides - that whole "wipe Israel off the map" was the rhetoric of former Iranian President Ahmadinejad, who's long gone.
              He was replaced by a moderate, voted in by the Iranian people, who were fed up with his extreme image/dialogue, and want to reconnect to the world.

One more important thing to point out when debunking the myth of Iran wanting to bomb Israel:

Sorta ironic that it came from the mouth of Ahmadinejad, but it actually makes sense.

Iran loves the Palestinians. Palestinians are currently live intertwined with Israel, as the Israeli territories completely surround them.

This ain't rocket science , but ..

if Iran was to bomb Israel, they'd be killing Palestinians, as well.

Since its inception, the Islamic Republic of Iran has relied on making extreme, and hyped up statements about foreign policy. Stuff such as the "great satan", etc..

Basically, if Iran was still living in the Khomeini-era, a whole lot of things they are doing right would be illegal. Stuff that the political leaders in Iran are doing anything would be illegal or "satanic" if judged by Khomeini. This leads to the notion that things are changing in Iran, drastically.

While change is largely happening, there are (like there will always be) outliers within the population who are resistant to change. In Iran, this is categorized by the extreme rightists, who still invision a Khomeini Iran. This is comparable to American Tea Party members - who want to see an "old, traditional America." Same way that politicians across the isles back home in America are still skeptical about engaging with Iran - they want to remain in the 1980s era, and Ahmadinejad-era status quo in regards to Iran.

When it comes down to it, it's up to you to judge the situation.

Mr. Sleeve is obviously convinced by people such as AIPAC, the Tea Party, Evangelical/misc. American religious figures who are paid by lobbyists, and other liberal and conservative politicians/thinkers who are either: heavily influenced by conservative Israeli politicians/lobbyists, or Anti-Iranian Arab States (long rivals of Iran).

I, millions of Americans, a majority of Europeans, and hundreds of millions (billions?) from around the globe like to look elsewhere for my news and political talk. Hopefully, you can see how small of a minority in perspective think so negatively of Iran. And it's not just Muslims, its Jews, Christians, etc.. Alternatively, you could choose to turn on Fox and turn off your brain. ;D

S

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...ness_with_iran

So... Whats this about?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                Sorry freedude I dont listen or follow with the evangelicals or other brands of jesus. I think what has come out of the the Iranian leaderships mouth for the last 30 years and how it has treated its own people is enough "evidence" to me that we need not be trying to befriend them, and turning our backs on our allies in the process......

When you have radicals that worry more about rhetoric infering the wiping of the jews off the map weather they can retaliate or not is a bit worrisome
                And what about 30 years of the united state's rhetoric that Iran is building a bomb?

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
                  lol- not with our Dear Leader in charge
                  It's cute that you believe that "our" leader has any say in any of this
                  2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                  (Daily Driver)
                  Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                  KW V2 Coilovers
                  VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Pretty much what's going on here:

Comment

Them having to go around Africa should tell you something about their naval capabilities.
                      1989 Carbon Black 328is

Comment

I just want to take the time to point out that the largest Airforce in the world is the U.S. Airforce, and the 2nd you ask? Oh just the U.S. Navy. and I think the U.S. Army is close after that.

also take a look at this photo it is just Aircraft carriers.

BAD THINGS would happen to those people.
                        '91 318is w/ M50B25TU

Comment

Lol how else would they get here? Even if Egypt let them pass through the canal they'd risk getting blockaded in there by a EU fleet in front and a closed canal in the back... I don't think they're that stupid

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                            And what about 30 years of the united state's rhetoric that Iran is building a bomb?
                            why else would you want to enrich that much uranium?????
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                              Lol how else would they get here? Even if Egypt let them pass through the canal they'd risk getting blockaded in there by a EU fleet in front and a closed canal in the back... I don't think they're that stupid
                              Exactly, they're trying to project global naval power, but no one likes them enough to let them do shit like that. Also, they don't have underway fueling capability.
                              1989 Carbon Black 328is

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                why else would you want to enrich that much uranium?????
                                Reading comprehension, try again.

The rhetoric against Iran by the west has existed far longer than their ability to enrich uranium.

Comment

Working...
                                X