Vaccines and medical conspiracies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaccines and medical conspiracies

...a University of Chicago survey published Monday in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine reveals that half of Americans believe in medical conspiracy theories. A full 20% believe the government and the medical world are pushing vaccinations on children that cause autism.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opini...#ixzz2wv08Umd6
    Not sure where this fear of vaccines comes from, but it's sad how a group of weird hippies afraid of ear infections can affect the health of the general population.
    2011 1M Alpine white/black
    1996 Civic white/black
    1988 M3 lachs/black

Just as I'm sure a full 20% accepts everything they are told at face value without a second thought or question.

I think having people think critically and forcing those "in-the-know" to explain and elaborate the information they possess allowing more people to learn is a great benefit of people questioning and/or doubting.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      I think having people think critically and forcing those "in-the-know" to explain and elaborate the information they possess allowing more people to learn is a great benefit of people questioning and/or doubting.
      Good point.

What would work better: scare campaign or medical studies?
      2011 1M Alpine white/black
      1996 Civic white/black
      1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post

Vegans, the answer is vegans.

Comment

Just as I'm sure a full 20% accepts everything they are told at face value without a second thought or question.

It's not about who is in the know withholding information but people with agendas with or without proper backgrounds trying to sell bullshit ideas.

What fucking bizarro world is it that we entertain these fucking anti-vax idiots terrible opinions? What makes you think that questioning basic things like vaccines is "critical thinking"?

I hope anti vaxxers are happy that this stuff is on the rise thanks to their stupid fucking bullshit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3oZrMGDMMw

I'm not really bothered by most conspiracy theory type people but the people who buy into anti vaccine shit are the dumbest fucks to walk this earth.

Comment

What if we are not supposed to vaccinate? What if we will have terrible, virulent, unstoppable outbreaks of mutated strains of the very things we vaccinate against, just as we are learning about the overprescribed and overused antibiotics creating many resistant, or untreatable versions of things that once only caused a swollen throat and swollen glands?

Comment

I think that fundamentally shows your lack of understanding if that's how you think vaccines work.

Are you actually arguing this point? we havent stopped prescribing antibiotics because certain things have become resistant to them.

Comment

I have so much fun fucking with you.

EDIT: If you can add, I can add.

There are antibiotic resistant infections, CDF, MRSA, etc., that are so strong and resistant that no, they haven't stopped prescribing, they have given up because what they throw at it is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                    I think that fundamentally shows your lack of understanding if that's how you think vaccines work.

Are you actually arguing this point? we havent stopped prescribing antibiotics because certain things have become resistant to them.
                    Explain to us your vast knowledge of said vaccination process?

I'm not being too sarcastic here. I genuinely want to grasp how much you understand on the subject.
                    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post

I'm not being too sarcastic here. I genuinely want to grasp how much you understand on the subject.

He is going to tell us, word for word what they said on the Huffington Post I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post

I have never claimed to have a vast knowledge about this subject. Do you? Do anti-vaxxers?

He is going to tell us, word for word what they said on the Huffington Post I assume.
                        You're full of bad assumptions but don't let that stop you.

Comment

<3

Comment

I have so much fun fucking with you.

EDIT: If you can add, I can add.

There are antibiotic resistant infections, CDF, MRSA, etc., that are so strong and resistant that no, they haven't stopped prescribing, they have given up because what they throw at it is useless.
                            I don't actually think were to that point yet, I think there are still drugs that can knock those out, but they are becoming less effective.

Comment

Vegans, the answer is vegans.
                              They're currently beating Libertarians 2:1.
                              Originally posted by kronus
                              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                              X