e30 coolant system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 coolant system

i have noticed my coolant expansion tank has been dry for awhile. (probably should have done something earlier). but it hasnt been overheating. should i completely flush the system or just top off the tank with 50/50?

And this is your one and only post?

Dude...
    Derek-

Comment

I'd say just top it off, see how much was missing and monitor it. But more importantly, why did it go that low? You might have other issues...Also, the low coolant level sensor should be replaced if it didn't give you a warning.
      "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
      -Mario Andretti.

1991 E30 325ic, AW, Black Leather, Black top, Three Pedals.

Comment

thanks for a non smart ass reply. im gonna look into it. i havent noticed any leaks or anything so i will top it off and monitor it. PS still getting used to these forum things...

Comment

Good luck getting used to this one

Also, just a tip.. assuming you dont live Siberia dont waste your money putting coolant in it if youre not sure if its leaking or not. just add some distilled water, make sure its not leaking, drain that shit out and add whatever floats your boat.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Add coolant, it's not that expensive, and has a higher boiling point, and lower freezing point. Don't use water! Buy some 100% antifreeze, mix 50/50 with water and be safe

Comment

Working...
            X