electric fan wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electric fan wiring question

hi, i've done a ton of research and did find one VERY detailed thread (might be on another forum) but cant seem to find it now.
    so, i'm using the volvo fan and relay setup and i'm looking to get power from the jumper connection on the firewall. i will be doing this with a fuse and relay but i need to know if there is any switched +12v i can use to trigger the relay under the hood.
    also, i just want to confirm how to wire the temp switch. i read a thread that says the brown wire can stay connected to the factory harness while the other 2 are cut and run to the volvo 2 speed controller, is that correct?

thank you

If your car still has its auxiliary fuse box intact, you can wire it up through there. There are switched and unswitched power lines already run into it, you just need to buy some BMW connectors and run your fan wires in. You could also potentially use one of the few empty slots in the main fuse box, but that's considerably more difficult to access.

These are the connectors, the different parts are for different size wire, all have the same connection:
    61131370691 - double leaf spring contact .5mm - 1mm
    61131370692 - double leaf spring contact 1.5mm - 2.5mm
    61131370693 - double leaf spring contact 2.5mm - 4mm

More details in this thread:

Comment

thanks, i should have been more specific. im looking for something on the pass. side as that is where the B+ 12v will be coming from so i was hoping to run everything together on one side of the car. if not then i will look into that fuse box.
      thanks

Comment

Other than ghetto rigging it to the coil, no, not really. I highly recommend just running the wire around properly to the fuse box area, there is plenty of stock cable management you can use for a neat installation.

Comment

great. thank you

Comment

Working...
          X