SOLD: Original 1985 Hartge H35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD: Original 1985 Hartge H35

Car is now sold and headed to the East Coast where the car will be correctly finished. Took a little time to find the right buyer and while I'd hoped it would stay in California, I'm glad it is going to someone who will do the final touches with a quality touch. And I'm glad this rare car will be maintained and become a great final example of the Hartge H35 for others to appreciate. Thanks for all of the comments, discussions and Private Messages.

Likely the last 1985 original Hartge H35 in the country and probably less than a handful worldwide. Have full documentation. Second registered owner since 1994 and car has been in California since importation in 1984 and has current California registration. 3.5L "S" engine (12 Valve) with 260 HP and 257 ft lbs torque, 9 qt alum. oil pan, oil cooler, 5 speed dogleg sport transmission, 40% LSD, oversized front rotors and calipers, 9 gal. extended fuel tank, with original H35 exterior and interior enhancements. Custom Dinan suspension and exhaust systems. Have new original Hartge front and rear bumper/valances to replace current damaged ones. Working factory A/C, upgraded to R134. 124K miles. Rebuilt top end plus many other recent servicing and maintenances completed. Runs great. On Bring a Trailer last fall, so full description, 134 pictures, 3 videos and commentary available to review, link below. $36K OBO.

thesmiley4321@gmail.com or PM

BaT link for access to full information and pictures:

Bid for the chance to own a 24 Years-Owned 1985 Hartge BMW H35 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,796.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by H35; 11-01-2019, 09:47 PM.

Wow! I'm jealous of whoever ends up with this amazing car..

Comment

Goddamn, this is a wicked car!

Comment

Utterly stunning! GLWS

Comment

This thing has a lot of cool features that aren't avail on most e30's
          Still amazes me that it's priced so much lower than e30 m3's.
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

real deal

Has all the nice hartge parts that are so hard to find!!
            jm

Comment

Unique It Is!

The H35 had a lot of unique parts that were not on any other Hartge models. And it is really fun to drive. Full of torque, yet nicely balanced up to predictable late limits. With the torque available around town is not that bad.

Added the link in original post to previous BaT listing so you can get a much better view of the car.

Comment

Questions?

I've had a few PMs with questions. Let me know either by reply or PM. I've owned the car for 24 1/2 years and know it inside out and am very responsive.

Comment

Judas priest. Just. Plain. Wow. GLWS

Comment

Check It Out!

The car is in Sacramento, California. Let me know if you would like to check it out or if you would like someone to check it out for you. All recent servicing has been by CAtuned, so you can check with Igor for any questions if you want an outside opinion.

BTW if you need anything from an oil change to a total custom mod or original restoration, their the one. The specialize in E30s, but work on a wide range. Check out their web site ( catuned.com ) or put them in your browser for some really cool cars they have done.

Comment

Right Site?

There was one post in another listing that questioned if this might not be the right forum for this car. But I thought of any of the sites I could go to, at least the people on this site would know what a Hartge is and how rare a H35 model is.

Comment

It's the right site.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Supermodel

Stunning ride you have there H35, much more appealing than the e30 m3 to me.
                          GLWS

Comment

"Tanky"? Not in a H35

Reelizmpro, not sure who thecj is that you quoted below, but I would not describe the H35 as "tanky". The nice thing about the big 6 is the torque and then coupled to a close ratio gearbox. You don't have to be high in the rev range to enjoy and it's certainly better in around town driving to find the power you want when you want it. The car also weighs under 2900 lbs, well balanced by Hartge, except at extreme limits (some understeer which you can control), and has 260 HP on tap. Don't get me wrong, I like M3s too, but they're just different. I'd take both! I also have a 230i, with the twin turbo 4 at 248 HP, with M Sport suspension, but over 4000 lbs. Very fun, but gotta keep in the rev range.

"I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Originally posted by H35 View Post
                              Reelizmpro, not sure who thecj is that you quoted below, but I would not describe the H35 as "tanky".

"I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is."
                              ^^^^^
                              That "tanky" quote is actually part of his Signature and that same line has been at the bottom of his posts for many many years. I can see how you'd think it's a response to your posts about the H35, but it's not.
                              Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
                              1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
                              1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
                              1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
                              2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
                              2005 X3 (little woman's car)
                              Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
                              Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Working...
                              X