13 Button OBC metric to imperial conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 Button OBC metric to imperial conversion

Alright guys, i am having a impossible time trying to convert it from metric to imperial.

I tried following youtube videos, etc. cant get it to swap over. From top left to bottom right buttons are as follows, HR-Date, Speed, Limit, Consum., Range, Timer, Temp, Code, Set-Res, and then the bottom 4 buttons.

When i go into consumption, and hit the change over button, it goes from L/100 to L/100 With lines through the zeros.
    If anyone has any help that would be wonderful, and what are the 4 position switch on the back for? how do i configure what that does?

Originally posted by rwtags View Post
    I tried following youtube videos, etc. cant get it to swap over. From top left to bottom right buttons are as follows, HR-Date, Speed, Limit, Consum., Range, Timer, Temp, Code, Set-Res, and then the bottom 4 buttons.
    That button should be MPG on US spec'd cars.
    You basically have the version of OBC that Euro/Canadian cars have (myself included).
    IIRC, There's no way to overcome this without replacing the entire OBC unit itself with the other version.
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Some of the euro spec OBCs do not offer imperial units. The unit that came in my touring was the spanish language version, and it was stuck in metric. Buy a US/UK spec OBC, or learn to do conversions in your head. Quick way to estimate, just memorize 10, 5 and 15 l/100 to mpg conversions, 10l/100km is about 24mpg, 5l/100km is about 44mpg, 15l/100km is about 15.5mpg.

The switch in the back changes the timer function. It can be used as an alarm or wakeup function I believe, depending on what position its at.

Comment

That is so weird, because my OBC defaults to German with the battery reset, and it supports UK, Metric, and US Imperial units.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yup always something, thought I got a great deal, if the OBC says consumption instead of avg, it cannot be switched to imperial, only litres.

Comment

Working...
          X