45mm shocks and 325is brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45mm shocks and 325is brakes

I want to upgrade my brakes, but I just bought newBilstien Spot shocks for the 318i, they are 45mm and the 325is uses 51mm. Is it possible to use 325is brakes on the 318i strut ect.?

I want to get rid of the drums in the back, five lug is out of the question for about a year so I am just gonna swap to 325is rear discs and try to upgrade the soilid rotors on the front. I have cross drilled rotors on front now, but I know track braking is different than one long stop, i had no trouble stopping from 100 and felt no fade. I figure though with repeated use they will cook.

Get 325 calipers and some new rotors (325, obviously) and pads.

Comment

I think you have to replace the Master cylinder also, not sure on that.

Comment

so the calipers are the only difference for the front? direct fit i suppose?

I will have to replace the master, they are different for drums versus discs

Comment

The easiest solution is probably to take the entire rear suspension from a 325 and mount to your 318. Actually I'm quite sure you will have problems with the hubs if you don't. It's a good excuse to hunt down one with a limited-slip differential, if you haven't got one already.

/Mattias

Comment

You want to swap both the calipers and rotors up front, it's a direct swap no modification needed.
            85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

amd the rear can be doen with complete trailign arm swap correct?

Comment

Yes, it all fits.

/Mattias

Comment

just to check, the master cylinder and brake pump for M40 318i is using the 325i ones ?

if yes, i just have to replace my front calipers and rotors plus the the entire rear trailling arm.

Comment

Originally posted by elwine30
                    just to check, the master cylinder and brake pump for M40 318i is using the 325i ones ?

if yes, i just have to replace my front calipers and rotors plus the the entire rear trailling arm.
                    Yes, they are the same. I just checked the ETK, but only the 1989 models. Should be no problem.

/Mattias

Comment

Any one know which MC can be used with the 320i brake booster, for 4 wheel discs.

Comment

Working...
                      X