No announcement yet.

All You Potential E30 Picnic Goers - READ HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent idea Derek. If you need any help let me know.
    sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
    Current:
    1988 325is S52
    Former:
    2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
    1988 M5
    1996 328is

Comment

I for one would like to hear/get some help on getting my sound working better in mine, that would be cool if you could be part of this, Luke.

Comment

Great idea, Griot's would actually be a perfect place to hold these tech sessions. And its down the road from Criv's for the picnic prefunk.

Comment

you guys can use my car as an example of how to install a turbo kit :D
          R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
            you guys can use my car as an example of how to install a turbo kit :D

or change an oil pan. i was hoping you could show us all how. ;)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
              haha :)
              Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
              Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

That would be really awesome.
                Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

anyone wanna know how to remove and install a transfercase twice in less than two hours? :D

I'm kidding.. I don't want to do that again :p
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                    :rofl:

wow I left myself open for that one

that was good

I could definitely show you guys how to change an oil pan, hell, with my eyes closed
                    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

I like the tech day idea! Maybe even have a drive/ bbq at a park that evening.

If people want judging at a show, the easiest way is a "People's Choice" type ballot. Every one gets a sheet when they check in and fills out car numbers for each catagory. Tally up the results and you're done. The one issue with this type of judging versus a standard points show is it tends to be a popularity contest... but it's the easiest way for those running the show.
                      Chris
                      90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

I think Curt is hoping more people will join into fully detailing the car for the picnic. Looking for something more concourse(sp?) and not just "who has the coolest car".
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe have it be something people can opt for and pay more to get judged. Its something silly like $5 isn't it? Make it like $15 to be in the judged section. Dirty e30's are all over. Its getting to be one of the biggest e30 gatherings, we should take some pride in it.

Not to the extreme of the concourse, there is already one of those and we all know who wins.

Maybe like a peoples choice with 3 categories.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
                            Maybe have it be something people can opt for and pay more to get judged. Its something silly like $5 isn't it? Make it like $15 to be in the judged section. Dirty e30's are all over. Its getting to be one of the biggest e30 gatherings, we should take some pride in it.

Not to the extreme of the concourse, there is already one of those and we all know who wins.

Maybe like a peoples choice with 3 categories.
                            That would be awesome...so many of us have dumped ridiculous amounts of money into making our cars unique/special. It'd be nice to at least have a chance to get a little recognition. I'd pay an extra 15 bucks for that opportunity for sure.
                            sigpic
                            An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Comment

Unfortunately, people's choice sometimes ends up as a "coolest car", not cleanest or best detailed.....

You could have people's choice catagories such as:

Early E30
                              Late E30
                              (further break those down by 318/325e/325i/swap if you wanted)
                              Vert
                              M3
                              Touring (yeah we need more to show ;))

and award 1-3rd place...
                              Chris
                              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Hey you guys,

I was reading your get together and I have to say I am jealous. So far, we have not had such a meet here in Ohio--recently.

I wish I lived a lot closer, as I would love to come and learn, and participate in all that is being talked about. You all really have your heads on straight. I think that the promoters and E30 family here desire to get enough involvement that we can do the same.

Hats off, and much prayer for a very successful meet. Please post photos so that we here--down under--can see how it all went

Comment

Working...
                                X