Greetings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings!

New to the site although not to BMW and wrenching on cars in general. I finished restoring a '76 TR6 last year that I sold to free-up some garage space. I have the itch for a new project again and have been researching E30 coupes. Still early in the hunt but appreciate all there is to learn here.

Below is a couple of shots of the TR6 when I finished it.

tr6profile by Twistytee, on Flickr

tr6 engine by Twistytee, on Flickr

And here's a shot of my current DD - 1994 325ic that I've spent the last year fixing-up including refurb of the interior, painted rockers and bumpers, replacement of the entire suspension, vanos rebuild, new cooling, injectors, lighting, etc. Unfortunately it's an auto and a little sluggish given it's a vert, but I chipped it and redid the fuel system to get all I can out of it.

Untitled by Twistytee, on Flickr

I'll mostly be lurking in the background until I find the next target. Hoping for something a little more nimble and with a proper gearbox. Great to see how passionate you all are on this platform. Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome and Happy Thanksgiving! The TR6 looks great.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

nice cars, your gonna need 10,000$ for a decent e30 :)

good luck

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
        Welcome and Happy Thanksgiving! The TR6 looks great.
        Thanks! A bit sorry I sold it but hopefully the new owner has as much fun as I did with it.

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
        nice cars, your gonna need 10,000$ for a decent e30 :)

good luck
        Yes...late to the game I know but hoping I can find a straight and dry one for less that just needs some TLC. I know parts can add up quickly but it will be a nights and weekends tinkering kind of build.

Comment

Welcome!

Both cars look great.

Good luck on the search for the E30.
          1990 325i
          2004 330i Individual 6-speed
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X