M5 Scam on Craigslist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M5 Scam on Craigslist

So I'm browsing Craigslist for an E39 M5 and come across this ad. Picture looks pretty good, but price is $3066.

"WTF" I think and contact the seller. Here's the reply:

Hello again,

I really appreciate your interest in purchasing the car and I would like to clarify some things from the beginning .I just recently finished the divorce with my husband and i was forced to move with my kids at my parents in Atlanta - Georgia for a while.Using eBay services i sold other 3 vehicles and for this good feedback they gave me a free shipping for this car anywhere I will find a buyer in the country, this is the reason i used more states . I want o use again eBay in this transaction for our protection. If you are not aware of this program, you should know that it will allow you to test and inspect the car before paying me. They will gave you 15 days to test the car ,as a trial period and I think is enough for you to make a decision about my car , In the testing period you can go with the car at your local mechanic for inspection. If you won`t like my car, you notify eBay and they come to take the car and will be shipped back on my expense. But I assure you it won't be the case. If you want to continue the purchase, please reply with your full name for bill of sale, delivery address for shipping and phone number, so I can start the transaction with eBay and ask them to send you the terms of this transaction. ( with no further obligation or fees).

Waiting for your reply

Hahahahahahah. Think it's a scam?
    "And then we broke the car. Again." Mark Donohue, "The Unfair Advantage"

1987 E30 3L Turbo Stroker Das Beast
    2002 E39 M5

I have been researching M5's for over a year now.

The verbiage used in that ad is familiar/exactly the same as another 03 M5 ad that was in the Vegas/Phoenix area. I remember the shift knob, and how it is easy to replace.

Scam!
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

what do you mean do you think its a scam.

I guess the internet regulars do not even bat an eye at this, and just delete the replies.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Seems like a legit good deal. Too bad it's one of those FWD M5s.

Comment

We get them here, too. The pricing is always an unusual number, not just cheap. 2093 for a new JD tractor. 3247 for a boat. 1438 for a trailer.
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I was pretty close to buying the car depicted (from the actual owner/seller) - it's a phenomenal car with great history and a stand up seller.

Fuck scammers.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
            Sounds like you need a massage.
            Originally posted by kpeng
            Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
            X