Need a shop that can weld rear camber kit near Baltimore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a shop that can weld rear camber kit near Baltimore

Tires are getting too expensive to constantly replace, so I need to just get this negative camber corrected the right way for good. I'm lowered on H&R Sports/Bilstein Sports and can not see myself going back to stock.

I have a few leads already, AutoWerks in Fallston and possibly GT Performance in Edgewood. Are there any others that you could recommend? Thanks in advance.

are you in harford county? If not there are a few places around baltimore and baltimore county. the bmw shop on the corner of york rd and stevenson that guy has been there forever owns an e30 and seems to know his shit... won't be cheap but either will the other 2 shops you mentioned. If that fails you could try ssi performance joppa rd, ngp in aberdeen, both did work on my past cars.
    My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

I know an e30 guy on e30tech.com has a shop in parkton top of 83 vintage motorsports. But I'm interested in a camper kit too what kit are you looking at getting?

Comment

I'm in the city, but willing to travel if it can be done in one day and the shop has somewhere for me to wait. The kit is from Ireland Engineering, the Adjustable Rear Camber Kit. I ordered that along with the toe kit as well; it's the same as the camber kit, just turned 90 degrees.

Comment

you mean you want to add more negative camber? lol...

come on.. $800 every 30k miles is hardly breaking the bank. and you could easily do $350 every 80k miles if you get rocks for tires.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

I need less negative camber; and I wish I could get 30k out of a set of rear tires. The current set is toast after less than 7k...

I contacted SSI on Joppa Rd and they say they can do the work. The guy I spoke with was nice and their website was informative, thanks for the info ill4noreason.
            Last edited by swiftytoenails; 05-04-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

7k? wtf. i dont think your problem is less negative camber. you need to stop spinning rubber everytime the light turns green. i get 30k out of a set of toyo t1rs. and they are pretty soft. and im not easy on them by any means. with just bilsteins/h&r sports you will have no issues with uneven wear as long as you rotate your tires at least once a year.....

my ex gf's e30 (on bilsteins/h&r sports) i dont think EVER had her tires rotated over 60k miles. and she did not have a problem with uneven wear...

you're doing something wrong. and it's not rear camber.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                7k? wtf. i dont think your problem is less negative camber. you need to stop spinning rubber everytime the light turns green. i get 30k out of a set of toyo t1rs. and they are pretty soft. and im not easy on them by any means. with just bilsteins/h&r sports you will have no issues with uneven wear as long as you rotate your tires at least once a year.....

my ex gf's e30 (on bilsteins/h&r sports) i dont think EVER had her tires rotated over 60k miles. and she did not have a problem with uneven wear...

you're doing something wrong. and it's not rear camber.
                I don't understand how I could possibly be doing anything wrong. This car still has the original M20, so no burnouts and it's an auto. It was lowered last February with the setup mentioned above along with a few other suspension upgrades (sways front and rear, front tie rods and control arms, strut mounts front and rear, and strut braces front and rear). The ride is significantly improved over stock and I prefer it this way. The wear on the rear tires are the only problem that has come from this setup, and from what I've read, it's attributed to excess negative camber from lowering.

If this is incorrect, could you enlighten me as to what it could be?
                Last edited by swiftytoenails; 05-04-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Find "George" on Mye28. He's supposed to have mad skills.
                  ... or maybe hit up RRT in Dulles.
                  Slicktop City!

Comment

I'd offer to do it if my welder was working right....

My s50 car has the same kit installed.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

are you riding around with 400lbs in your trunk?

let's see a pic of the rear end of your car. also, what are your tire specs and make?

how often do you rotate your tires?
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

That first question can't be serious; as high as gas prices are, somebody would have to be a fool to do something like that. I'll have to try to find a picture of the rear of my car, but it has a noticeable "squat" to it, similar to / / \ \ . Maybe not quite that bad, but we all know what negative camber looks like. As far as tire rotation, every two oil changes, which works out to roughly once a year or 12k miles or so.

Comment

Tires are getting too expensive to constantly replace, so I need to just get this negative camber corrected the right way for good.
                          baltimore mazda

Comment

Have you fixed this yet? Are you able to wrench?

I have a nice shop with a lift and I own a welding business.

If you have the skills to remove the rear suspension, you could use my lift and I can certainly weld it up for you. I might be able to help you a little as you go if you need it but I can't commit the time to perform the entire job for you.

It would be super cheap as you are providing the labor to R&R the suspension, I'm just doing the welding.

I haven't installed one of these kits before but I looked at Irelands website and it doesn't look very involved. Did the parts come with instructions?

Oh, I am located in Aberdeen about 30 minutes north of Baltimore right off of I95.

Doug

Comment

I'd also throw up the idea of MA Motorsports, brilliant guys, incredible work. Have Worked on a lot of Gitten's cars. That is, if you can't do most of it yourself.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Working...
                              X