X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just switched to historics a little over a month ago, as of yet no issues

Powered By Ford

Comment

i rocked historic tags for 6 months on my first e30. no issues.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
        Are you sure you understand what i'm talking about? A license plate frame. These are sold all over at auto parts stores. They are a BMW OEM part too. You're saying these are illegal? How are the stores allowed to sell them then?

What's a LEO? Are you a police officer?
        Yes. The way the law is written makes a registration plate covering illegal. Keep in mind letter of the law and spirit of the law.

Disclaimers and the punting of responsibility allow for their sale. 'off road use only', 'not for highway use', 'check local laws', etc. Those blue headlights that are HID or performance labeled are illegal but sold as off road use only typically.

Comment

^ Thanks for the info.
          Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Ya man. I can't say you will or wont get stopped for the reason of a plate covering but I can say this, proving you are not adhering to historic registration guidelines is going to be tough to prove. Know the guidlines of historic plates and go from there.

Comment

Cabriopunk is a Leo?????? I did not know this. I disappoint lol...
              My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

dude, stfu. it doesnt make a damn bit of difference.

he is a stand up guy. i wish he were at the meets more often.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

1. Cabriopunk is a good guy I thought he did insurance work. I met cabriopunk a year ago he is a good guy i was kidding with him not you. ...
                  2 Kershaw you are a fucking idiot with a big mouth next time i see you tell me to stfu to my face see how far that gets you. You always have some smart ass comment keep that shit to yourself. I don't like you or your stuck up attitude if you got a problem let me know ill come up on friday and we can handle it. If not don't comment on my threads or comments i make.
                  My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

Shit just got real nigga!

Comment

ive gotten and been stopped multiple times for speeding and never had a problem, another plus is i have a euro front tag and no maryland tag in the front. i heard from a cop first hand that in order for them to give you a fine for a front tag they have to go through way more stuff in the computer and its not even worth there time. so if you want a euro tag you really cant get pulled over for it if you rock historic plates.

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Cereal View Post
                        i heard from a cop first hand that in order for them to give you a fine for a front tag they have to go through way more stuff in the computer and its not even worth there time.
                        Tell that to the MD State Troopers that patrol around the NW part of the 695 beltway that... I got pulled over and ticketed twice for no front plate on my STi and my E30. The only reason they pulled me over was for no front plate as well.

I got pulled over 3 times after that in PG county for no plate with the STi and all were just written or verbal warnings. I finally gave in and put front plates on both. Ugh.

Comment

How old does a car have to be for AQ tags in MD?

It's 25 in Va.....

Also, in Va, I noticed a little loophole in the law for front plates on an AQ tagged vehicle....if there's no where to mount it, you don't need it. BAM!

Went AQ on the e28....no mo' front plate!
                          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

^ It's 20 years. I just registered my '91 e30 as historic.
                            Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                              How old does a car have to be for AQ tags in MD?
                              20 model years old for Historic

At 25 model years you can get Streed Rod plates which are basically the same thing but supposed to be for heavily modified cars.

Comment

Interesting....I learned something today....
                                1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Working...
                                X