Carpet Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet Delete

Like most of you I have been lusting over Singer interiors from day one.
    Has anyone done this on their E30 or tried?

monoblanco
    www.passportsoccer.com

Maybe if the e30 floor pan was that smooth!
    Boris - 89 E30 325i
    84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
      Maybe if the e30 floor pan was that smooth!
      You could put in a false floor to smooth it out.

Interesting idea.

Comment

the issue is battery cables, window switches, and that stuff.

you could hid it. but the floor aint really smooth

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

It would be just like shaving an engine bay; lots of stuff to move or relocate then a ton of grinding and filler.

I think what make the singers work is the transmission tunnel and the dash being straight across. The e30 dash comes down to meet the console which covers the heater, ac etc. I think that would be hard to figure out without making it look weird.
          Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
            You could put in a false floor to smooth it out.

Interesting idea.
            retarded idea

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            the issue is battery cables, window switches, and that stuff.
            this.
            Boris - 89 E30 325i
            84- E30 323i

Comment

You could make the false floor removable. The only center console wire that can't be moved easily might be the e-brake wire / rear ashtray light. The rear ashtray wiring could be removed. The wires running down on the sides of the cars could be covered with a removable panel.

It would take a lot of effort, but if could be done.

Originally posted by whysimon
              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

mine is nowhere near singer levels of clean, nor is it meant to be. but i rerouted the power window wires through the dash area and mounted the switches in the hvac panel, as well as put the reverse switch wiring through the dash. i also removed all dome lights, power locks, and any other unnecessary wiring that ran across the floor so i don't have anything running across the floor anymore. the battery cable still runs in the channel along the passenger side and everything else for the taillights/fuel pump/etc still runs along the driver side channel but it is well out of the way and looks clean enough for me. i like it and it makes the carpet delete look a lot more presentable.

vac makes diamond plate floor pans for the e30 that i considered installing but they're expensive as fuck and my feet are big enough to easily reach the pedals without any carpet or false floors so i just herculined it and called it a day

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

If you wanted to you could reroute the reverse wire as well. I have mine going through the firewall via a grommet. Then you can snake the wiring from the trans up to meet it with an extension.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
                    mine is nowhere near singer levels of clean, nor is it meant to be. but i rerouted the power window wires through the dash area and mounted the switches in the hvac panel, as well as put the reverse switch wiring through the dash. i also removed all dome lights, power locks, and any other unnecessary wiring that ran across the floor so i don't have anything running across the floor anymore. the battery cable still runs in the channel along the passenger side and everything else for the taillights/fuel pump/etc still runs along the driver side channel but it is well out of the way and looks clean enough for me. i like it and it makes the carpet delete look a lot more presentable.
                    I like this!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
                      If you wanted to you could reroute the reverse wire as well. I have mine going through the firewall via a grommet. Then you can snake the wiring from the trans up to meet it with an extension.
                      some day i'm going to pull the entire harness and fuse box and that is something i'll probably do at that point. when i did all of this work like 3 years ago i left the ABS wiring too and that's since been deleted so i need to go through everything again and comb out/remove all of the ABS shit. the reverse wiring is somewhat of an eyesore. i think this winter while the car is still down i'll at least replace the white plug with something slightly more attractive.

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                      IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

I too have loved the interior on the Singer Porches and I am doing this to an E30.

My LONG term project, 5-speed swap needs completion first, will be a custom all black interior in my already all black interior 325iX. I have already purchased the basket weave material. The plan is to cover the center section of the sport seats with the basket weave material as well as custom made center sections for the door panels covered in the same material. Singer Porsches is where I got my inspiration.

The basket weave material in the Singer Porsches is leather I would imagine and though I did find the "real deal" leather basket weave it was way out of my price range and probably a bit too "fancy" for my iX. With this being said, I went with a faux leather vinyl with the "look" of a true basket weave. I am very happy with the thickness of the Ebay material.

Again, this will be a long term project and I will have to engage the local auto upholstery shop to see if they are willing to use my supplied material.

The floors will remain carpeted.

Attached Files
                        1986 E30 325E
                        1989 E30 325iX
                        2003 E54 X5.
                        1993 Mercedes W124 300E
                        1995 Mercedes W124 E320.
                        2009 VW Touareg
                        2007 Porsche Cayman S

Comment

Working...
                        X