X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    BTW: buy 2.
    I follow said rule:p

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

$2000 to $3000 dollar range you can find a great one, bmw did a great job of making people feel like they joined a special "beamer!" club back in the day so some are really well taken care of, with service records and all. if it looks like a 16 year old has owned it, run away, you'll know. if it has a winter set of blizzaks on weaves that goes with it, you are in sweet yuppie heaven.
      sigpic
      91 325ic
      85 528e
      92 325i
      86 535i gone
      92 325is gone

Comment

The fuck is all this about I still have my trolling motor battery in the back of my car...

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

meh, i highschool dd'd mine for a while when all i had was basic mechanical knowlwedge. only took it to a mechanic once, before i did my own work.

Comment

Thats pretty weak stephan.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

it was an axle

i was young and nåîvé

Comment

alright. so basically ive narrowed it down to a black, or silver 325is or a 318is. how many miles should i be looking at? its an old car, but im thinking anything past 150XXX is too much.

PS: im in the 2k to 3k range.

Comment

Originally posted by e30amour View Post
                  craigslist for months and you will find the right one.
                  very true. i bought one about 2 months ago, and i'm still craigs listin' for for the right one.

Comment

sounds like my first car...it was 1986 and the car was a 75 2002!

i used to have to get up an hour early to set the points before class!!!
                    spent many nights on the road side sleeping in the car till the AM and i could see what was wrong (before i had AAA)

a e30 is a good place to start
                    youll learn about cars and alot about yourself!!!
                    bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by androoskie View Post
                      so i am looking for an is cause i want a coupe, but like Nairb said.. 318 or 325. im leaning toward the 325 cause the power. i know the 318 is better on gas but i would rather have the inline 6.
                      The 325e is the 'economy' version of the 325 released in the states with the M20 6cylinder. The 2.7L M20 was slightly bigger than the 2.5 but was reduced in power for efficiency. read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series_(E30)

Bra ive have a 65 mustang and a 84 325e and between the two neither has ever left me without a ride. Sure they are going to 'mess up' but if you enjoy driving and maintaining your vehicle then BUY THE DAMN E30!!

And everyone on here is correct about the rust... if you can find one without, good for you but mine has some minor rust so it will end up on the track.

Also, you need to be weary about any oil leak. if you have one FIX IT because if left unattended then you will have big problems down the road. rear main seal/flywheel/crank possition sensors/clutch. speaking from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        it was an axle

i was young and nåîvé
                        Weak, I just did my axles

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Working...
                        X