No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Suzuki. I own an rm125. Awesome bike.

That is good news, most for sale have about 20k if that.

Should I be worried about a salvage title?

Comment

I would avoid a salvage title if you can afford to. It better be a smokin deal otherwise. Talk to your insurance company first about insuring a salvage title.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

My Ducati has a salvage title, bike is great and well sorted, insured with no problem and I bought the bike well below value. If the is good and the bike is straight then salvage is ok, just do your due diligence

Comment

I will just look for now. non salvage would be ideal, but if not. that is okay.

Comment

I'd think you'd be tripping over decent SVs out there in California. Its like the official first bike.
            Im now E30less.
            sigpic

Comment

Some awesome bikes in this thread. Just got my MC License, but have been riding my dad's '10 S1000RR and '06 R1200RT for now, but looking at a pre-2001 BMW F650 or 2000/2001 R1100S for a first on-road bike.

I'll throw up some pics of my dirt bikes (1992 and 1996 XR250R and 2001 KLX300R).
              Originally posted by BillBrasky
              E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
              1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
              1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
              1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
              2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                Honda should release a v4 sport bike, I love the motors in the VF bikes.
                They did... 1986 VFR750 :p
                I agree - I don't understand why all of the major manufacturers haven't
                gone to V-4 sportbikes, even if it's in addition to the L-4 bikes.
                Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

A V-5 would also be nice.

I also like the Honda V-2 Sportbikes (RC51)

Comment

Originally posted by BenM View Post
                  Some awesome bikes in this thread. Just got my MC License, but have been riding my dad's '10 S1000RR and '06 R1200RT for now, but looking at a pre-2001 BMW F650 or 2000/2001 R1100S for a first on-road bike.
                  You like the hp:weight ratio on that thing?
                  (Please don't do anything stupid, newly licensed driver...)

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                  Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Picture from last trackday. Pre-lowside, anyway.... Bike is an 05 GSX-R 600.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                      Just got my motorcycle permit/license today guys.

Will hopefully get an sv650 as my first bike.
                      i see you at least rode dirt bikes. I was going to call you a squid because it a 650 and a suzuki, but i digress.

I had two friends, both of them bought brand new gsxr 600's and didnt wear any gear.
                      It's been about a year now and both of them still dont wear moto jackets and proper attire. im going to laugh my ass off when they fall

Comment

Speaking of V-4 sportbikes here's my 94 VFR:

Still looking for a more touring oriented BMW but that will have to wait til after the 4 wheeled Bimmer is done:(
                        '82 633CSi (euro) Jaws!
                        '84 318i, project?
                        '05 745li, DD when it wants to be...
                        '87 Corolla FX16, old faithful
                        '89 V1500 Suburban, GP rig
                        '69 Columbia 36 MkI, retirement home.

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
                          You like the hp:weight ratio on that thing?
                          (Please don't do anything stupid, newly licensed driver...)
                          It's pretty insane. Actually everything about the bike is insane, as its far more capable than I am a rider at this point. I just keep it below 7-8K most of the time since anything above that even with gentle throttle application results in the front wheel getting a bit too light for my taste.

I wear full riding gear at all times and only ride in the day time in areas I'm familiar with so I guess I haven't done anything too stupid yet. I took a few videos on a ride last friday, I'll try and upload them later today.
                          Originally posted by BillBrasky
                          E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
                          1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
                          1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
                          1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
                          2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

She cleaned my bike

So I let her sit on it

Comment

is that a cbr 600rr? f2? i like the everything

Comment

That is a 95 Yamaha yzf600r, paid $900 for it running but looking like this

Comment

Working...
                                X