No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can somebody identify this bike? Owner claims it's a 500 but I'm tempted to think otherwise...

Edit: Looks like it's in fact a modified CB400t Hawk

Last edited by nickflic3; 06-17-2012, 01:43 PM.
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Def looks like a cm400 gas tank.

Originally posted by Ryan...
      It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Have you tried to Google the VIN?

Comment

That's a cb400t hawk. The cm400 has a different, more teardrop-shaped tank, but for all intents and purposes they are the same bike. The hawk also has the 18 inch rear rim instead of the cm's 16 inch one.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

i got a 2011 ninja 250r as my first bike, i love love love the bike but i put 600 miles on it and am ready for something bigger
            i knew this would happen but i feel comfortable riding it and its my first bike, i also paid 2k for it with 640miles wootwoot

matches my e30 and my jeep ha

e24 e9 e30
            IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

My bikes (and some I ride), let me show them to you.

2006 F650GS Dakar. Just picked it up yesterday, need to raise up the front and rear (has a drop link in the rear).

Left to Right - 1991 Honda XR250R (just rebuilt the engine last year, backup trail bike), some chinese 125cc, 2001 KLX300R (main trail bike), 2003 YZ450F (motocross)

2010 S1000RR Acid Green. Dad's bike, does track days with it occasionally.

2006 R1200RT. Dad's other bike and surprisingly nimble once it gets moving. The other one is a 1996 XR250R with a 277 big bore kit and a tremendous oil leak that I haven't been able to work on.

Originally posted by BillBrasky
              E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
              1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
              1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
              1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
              2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Lovin the Dakar Ben! I just chopped the tail, exhaust, front windscreen and stock mirrors on the Ducati for a short custom dump exhaust, bar end mirrors and a couple other touches. Going for mean street fighter.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm not new to riding but I'm going to buy my first road bike. I was looking at the 2012 Honda Cbr250R. I know 250 is underpowered, I had one (dirtbike). BUT I'm looking for a cheap-ish & reliable daily that I can use for transportation to school. My school is in the middle of downtown San Jose so I'll be mainly riding at speeds <45mph. I would also like to buy new because I am very meticulous about maintenance.

Or am I trippin and should I just buy a used Ninja 250/500 or a Suzuki GS500?

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                    That's a cb400t hawk. The cm400 has a different, more teardrop-shaped tank, but for all intents and purposes they are the same bike. The hawk also has the 18 inch rear rim instead of the cm's 16 inch one.
                    Right you are thanks :p

Originally posted by Mark 42 View Post
                    Have you tried to Google the VIN?
                    No, I will whenever I go back though.

Thanks for the help guys, what would you pay for one of these? The owner was asking 600

For teh lulz found this video, e30 touring at about 2:08

Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
                      Lovin the Dakar Ben! I just chopped the tail, exhaust, front windscreen and stock mirrors on the Ducati for a short custom dump exhaust, bar end mirrors and a couple other touches. Going for mean street fighter.
                      Thanks Brian! That sounds pretty awesome, I need to get by the shop and check it out.
                      Originally posted by BillBrasky
                      E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
                      1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
                      1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
                      1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
                      2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
                        Hey guys, I'm not new to riding but I'm going to buy my first road bike. I was looking at the 2012 Honda Cbr250R. I know 250 is underpowered, I had one (dirtbike). BUT I'm looking for a cheap-ish & reliable daily that I can use for transportation to school. My school is in the middle of downtown San Jose so I'll be mainly riding at speeds <45mph. I would also like to buy new because I am very meticulous about maintenance.

Or am I trippin and should I just buy a used Ninja 250/500 or a Suzuki GS500?
                        Don't know anything about cbr250s except that they are single cylinders unlike the twins in the ninjas, so they sound just like dirtbikes so I like them.

Comment

So my father happened to receive a free bike from one of his friends and has had it sitting in his driveway for the longest time, no time to work on it.

It's a Yamaha FZ600 and I was wondering, what can r3v tell me about these 80s sports bikes? This thing needs a lot of TLC, is it worth fixing up? Any links to websites that could help me bring this thing back from the dead?

I would love to take it on as a project. I started taking it apart today, the first thing is figuring out if it even starts. On to the pics

Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                          If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
                          Originally posted by J3M93
                          This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

fresh gas, oil, charge battery and clean carbs and see if she wants to start then go from there.

Comment

Like Sharky said... Clean the carbs, check the spark, put in fresh gas with Seafoam additive,
                              air up the tires & see if it will run.

And this search should help:

Comment

First foremost, I would check your compression and do a leakdown test so you're not chasing your tail trying to tune the carbs. Read up on doing valve adjustments yourself and do it! If you don't know the last time it was done, chances are it needs it. check the cam chain and tensioner, check stator and rotor, along with everything the guys posted above me. After you get it running, check your charging system. If the stator and rotor are good and the system isn't charging, point to the rectifier and check resistance. If the bike won't turn over but clicks, check starter. If the push button control doesn't turn over the bike, jump the solenoid and see if the starter turns over. If it works, you may have bad starter solenoid relay or push button control. If it clicks but the starter doesn't turn over, the starter needs rebuilt or replaced(make sure it is getting a good charge when testing this). If it does nothing at all, the solenoid may need replaced or checked for resistance. For spark, check the plugs, plugs wires, coils, and ignitor. Make sure resistance is correct post coil and post wire! this should be a good starting point for you... Best of luck.

Originally posted by Ryan...
                                It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Working...
                                X