No announcement yet.

Mystery IX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always preferred coupes but my 91 4dr/5spd is definitely different.

Personally I see more coupes than 4dr/5spds in my area.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I like the 2 door because the ix isnt my daily driver but the back seats are almost useless because they sit so high.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
        I like the 2 door because the ix isnt my daily driver but the back seats are almost useless because they sit so high.
        I disagree with this. I am 6'2" and I used the back seat tons of times. ;D

Comment

i prefer 4-door iX's. When i was in the market for my 3rd E30, i was searching specifically for a sedan one, but couldn't find one. I settled for mine which was a coupe.
          www.instagram.com/snwmble
          #snwmble

Current:
          '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
          '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
          '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
          '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
          '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
          '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
          '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
          '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

I think most people prefer the 2 door iX's, which makes a clean 4 door iX 5 speed more uncommon.

But what do I know, I only have 2 2 door iX's.
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I want an AWD touring, but they're getting impossible to find even over here.

Comment

Really? That sucks, they made a lot of them too. Rust?
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Rust, cash for clunkers and I think a lot of them ended up in Africa.
                  There's 4 ix's (http://bit.ly/KlUGUu) on Mobile.de, most of which look like crap and almost nothing on German ebay.
                  Seems like I'll have to find one quick if I intend to ever own one.

I stand corrected. This is a beautiful car for $5K http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.as...803&asrc=st|sr
                  Last edited by Fusion; 01-02-2014, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    It didnt come that way, he removed the sunroof.

Also, when e30s were made, none of them were considered "coupes". A 2 door E30 is still a sedan (even the M3), so all the old listings you saw were right. Sedan 30 years ago didnt neccesarily mean 4 doors.

I dunno, 2 doors are ok. I dont really want one, the cars are the same anyway, and it makes the back seats more useful (l like with kids, or race tires/tools). Wouldn't turn one down if it fell in my lap of course!
                    I also grew fond of my 4 door after owning a 2 door for so many years, specially having kids (got four of them!). Only thing I didn't like is on summer days with the windows open, it's uncomfortable to rest the left arm on the window sill due to the b-pillar placement.

Before people started associating coupe and sedans with the number of doors, it was based on interior volume. Less than 33cf interior was a coupe, greater was a sedan.

The word "coupe" was actually drawn from a horse and carriage that had 4 wheels and could carry 2 persons in the enclosed 2 door area (driver outside). The word "sedan" means a fixed top vehicle with room for 4 or more people.

And yes, there were lots of 2 door sedan ix's, we have a regular client locally with one ;)
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      It didnt come that way, he removed the sunroof.
                      It is a slicktop, I did not remove the sunroof. It has no sunroof framing inside the non-sunroof headliner, and that the roof shows no signs of distortion or rust bubbling.

Considering the general lack of fucks given on the rest of the car that was put together by PO's over the years, and how every patch that was ever welded on the car is rusting out again through the paint, I'm pretty sure nobody else ever removed a sunroof from that car either.

The car also came with the "Sonderlackierung" paint code, which on this car ended up being a dark metallic grey with a touch of blue. It looks like it used to be a beautiful colour, and a beautiful car before someone stole all the euro bits and sideskirts off it, bastardized plastic bumpers to it and sprayed it black.

Originally posted by cwatt View Post
                      If you ever decide to sell, message me.
                      You've seen this car before, and I doubt you'd want it if you saw it now haha.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Here is my 2dr 5sp!

Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                          It is a slicktop, I did not remove the sunroof. It has no sunroof framing inside the non-sunroof headliner, and that the roof shows no signs of distortion or rust bubbling.

Considering the general lack of fucks given on the rest of the car that was put together by PO's over the years, and how every patch that was ever welded on the car is rusting out again through the paint, I'm pretty sure nobody else ever removed a sunroof from that car either.

The car also came with the "Sonderlackierung" paint code, which on this car ended up being a dark metallic grey with a touch of blue. It looks like it used to be a beautiful colour, and a beautiful car before someone stole all the euro bits and sideskirts off it, bastardized plastic bumpers to it and sprayed it black.

You've seen this car before, and I doubt you'd want it if you saw it now haha.
                          interesting! I guess it must have been an option for early euro cars?

I don't really like non-sunroof cars but that has to be a pretty rare combo in NA. :)
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                            And yes, there were lots of 2 door sedan ix's, we have a regular client locally with one ;)
                            Originally posted by 88e30ix View Post
                            Here is my 2dr 5sp!

And look who it is! That parking lot looks very familiar :)
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                              And look who it is! That parking lot looks very familiar :)
                              That's right!! ;D
                              Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

this guy wants to give his away... lol
                                sigpic
                                Streetable poly mounts, trans mounts are here!
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=streetable
                                '94 318i
                                '07 335i
                                '11 X5
                                '89 325ic m30b35

Comment

Working...
                                X