Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to Start an Upstate NY BMW Monthly Meetup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to Start an Upstate NY BMW Monthly Meetup.

Quick story: So last night I rolled through a car meet in Newburgh NY, at a petsmart parking lot off rt. 300. I pulled up and the crowd seemed very unwelcoming. I'm guessing because there were a bunch of half built civics and a few turboed out Mustangs. So, a 92' integra rolled up about 15 mins after I arrived and a group of guys standing next to another half buil integra gs went wild. Man.... I just didn't see what the fuss was about, the car wasn't that tight.

So here I am, fresh from a military tour in San Diego, expecting to run in to the same class of car meets I would come across in North County. Listen, I'm aware that things are bit more spaced out in this area and that BMWs are not as plentiful as they are in Cali.

I'm looking to form an official monthly BMW/Euro meet in the best possible location for the best turnouts. I'm aware that the weather is changing very quickly. But, it would be nice to have one before the first snow fall and hopefully establish a good following for the upcoming spring season.

So, who's down? Let's get some feed back so we can make this happen. I'm located in Newburgh.

Where are you located?
    How far will you drive?
    Do you love BMWs? That important lol

Let's here it people!!!

I posted a quick pick of what i seen last night. Not bad muscle cars but, definitely not my type of car.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

im bout .5hr from you, in Pine Bush. Newburgh would be cool. I think there is a guy in Poughkeepsie on here. Id attend something in the area every once in a while.

Those Fox bodies better pull wheel stands down the entire track with cowl hoods like that. Huge and ugly...
    Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

I'm right across the river! My car isn't 100% at the moment and I'm gone for races a lot but I'd like to meet some BMW guys around here.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I haven't been personally but I have some local friends that go up to Newburgh weekly for races.
        if there's a e30 group meeting be sure to post up!
        -Greg
        90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
        b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

Originally posted by bobross View Post
          I haven't been personally but I have some local friends that go up to Newburgh weekly for races.
          if there's a e30 group meeting be sure to post up!
          What kind of races?
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Im not too far away, NYC.... are we talking evening meets before the sleet & snow starts?
            sigpic

1990 325is 2JZGTE Swap
            1989 325ix Coupe
            1988 325is Coupe
            1988 325i Euro Vert

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
              What kind of races?
              middle of the night street racing
              -Greg
              90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
              b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

Oh. Mmph.

Comment

Is this the path mark, mcdonalds parking lot? If so i've gone to those meets before really random times of the week although I don't have a E30 yet my friends and I have had a bit of fun there. Most of those guys aren't the friendliest to strangers mostly keep to themselves but a lot of them are usually always down to shut down the highway for a race.

Comment

Hey, I'm the guy in Poughkeepsie, currently own a 91 e30 vert and a 92 e34 525i.. I travel around to meets, heading to the central jersey meet tomorrow am on the GSP.. C&C in Yorktown heights on Sunday am is a good gtg also, and cars and croissants in jersey gets a nice mix, next one is schedule for Nov 15 in Morristown nj.....I'm currently on my 8th BMW in 4 years, you might say I like bimmers.:-) pic of my vert.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tomwas; 11-27-2014, 07:21 AM.
                    Now on my 26th BMW...

Comment

And my e34......
                      Attached Files
                      Now on my 26th BMW...

Comment

Working...
                      X