No announcement yet.

My First iX/ Drivers seat debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it fits fine. you just can't move it the last 2-3 notches forward.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Is this the area you're referring to with e-brake and center console connecting? No drop on my '88 ix.

1988 325ix

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        it fits fine. you just can't move it the last 2-3 notches forward.
        Thanks Nando.
        Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

Originally posted by Isostar13 View Post
          Is this the area you're referring to with e-brake and center console connecting? No drop on my '88 ix.

http://i.imgur.com/f4rR7AL.jpg
          Yes.

Interesting.

Comment

Nice clean ix! Just one thing, what's with the ford logo on the afm?
            Originally posted by kendogg
            Don't know, but the E90 wasn't designed from the ground-up intending to be a racecar like the E30 was.
            OG RACECAR

Comment

Originally posted by M42Power View Post
              Nice clean ix! Just one thing, what's with the ford logo on the afm?
              I honestly couldn't tell you but the previous owners have done a lot of sketchy things to the car. That's just the beginning of it
              89 325i coupe - Daily
              89 325iX coupe - Project someday

Comment

From my standpoint, you should only put as much money as you want to into it. It shouldn't be about resale value or worrying about putting to much money into the car. Its your car and if you think you are putting "to much" money into it then it doesn't sound like you love or want your car. When I bought my IX I was prepared to put every penny into it because I love my car. Plenty of people if not every one that owns a old, vintage, race car is going to be screwed in the end. I know a guy that had a Mitsubishi Evo that he easily had 20k in parts not accounting for the car itself, I mean shit the guy bought a 4k clutch. It was a 550hp evo and he only sold it for 14k, its all about how much it means to you and how much you are willing to probably lose on your beloved e30 I guarantee you most guys on here couldn't sell there car for what they put into it my 0.02

Comment

Keep in mind that a car like that will appreciate unlike new cars that will depreciate each year. Unless you plan to ride a bike or walk, you are in the game so to speak either way. Make sure to separate out your maintenance costs from the "investment" as those are not included in the final total. Check this out for example:

I always drive cars that appreciate so I have some value when I sell rather than always being "note poor" or strapped with a lease like most people. That said, the 325iX is a little harder to maintain and more expensive than other RWD E30 cars - so if you do not need AWD, you might consider trading.

Having a car of any kind is like any other monthly bill. Use search terms like "annual cost of operating a vehicle" and just adjust the math to suit your needs.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyPrime View Post
                    From my standpoint, you should only put as much money as you want to into it. It shouldn't be about resale value or worrying about putting to much money into the car. Its your car and if you think you are putting "to much" money into it then it doesn't sound like you love or want your car. When I bought my IX I was prepared to put every penny into it because I love my car. Plenty of people if not every one that owns a old, vintage, race car is going to be screwed in the end. I know a guy that had a Mitsubishi Evo that he easily had 20k in parts not accounting for the car itself, I mean shit the guy bought a 4k clutch. It was a 550hp evo and he only sold it for 14k, its all about how much it means to you and how much you are willing to probably lose on your beloved e30 I guarantee you most guys on here couldn't sell there car for what they put into it my 0.02
                    Being a recently turned 17 year old enthusiast i wanted to be "safe" as im the only one supporting this project. If i were in a different postion id love to spend freely but seing is how this is my first car and ive sunk thousands into i lt i just wanted something to fall back on. I didnt mean to come off as not appreciating the car. Its taught me a lot and for a first car im proud of the progress (soon to be on here). Ive been asked and i think i stand by the fact that i wouldnt trade this car for anything really. Just wanted to be financially responsible while enjoying the car at the same time.
                    89 325i coupe - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post
                      Keep in mind that a car like that will appreciate unlike new cars that will depreciate each year. Unless you plan to ride a bike or walk, you are in the game so to speak either way. Make sure to separate out your maintenance costs from the "investment" as those are not included in the final total. Check this out for example:

I always drive cars that appreciate so I have some value when I sell rather than always being "note poor" or strapped with a lease like most people. That said, the 325iX is a little harder to maintain and more expensive than other RWD E30 cars - so if you do not need AWD, you might consider trading.

Having a car of any kind is like any other monthly bill. Use search terms like "annual cost of operating a vehicle" and just adjust the math to suit your needs.

Cheers
                      Thank you! Food for thought. As of right now I dont think id be interested in trading. Im in it for the long haul. Hopefully everything ill need will still be available down the line as these cars arent getting and younger and id love to keep it as long as possible.
                      89 325i coupe - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Swaggery View Post
                        Being a recently turned 17 year old enthusiast i wanted to be "safe" as im the only one supporting this project. If i were in a different postion id love to spend freely but seing is how this is my first car and ive sunk thousands into i lt i just wanted something to fall back on. I didnt mean to come off as not appreciating the car. Its taught me a lot and for a first car im proud of the progress (soon to be on here). Ive been asked and i think i stand by the fact that i wouldnt trade this car for anything really. Just wanted to be financially responsible while enjoying the car at the same time.
                        Sounds like you need to concentrate on best bang for the buck reliability work and leave the pretty stuff and the nice to haves at a lower priority.
                        I assume this is your only car?

Originally posted by Swaggery View Post
                        Thank you! Food for thought. As of right now I dont think id be interested in trading. Im in it for the long haul. Hopefully everything ill need will still be available down the line as these cars arent getting and younger and id love to keep it as long as possible.
                        While the BMW may or may not appreciate significantly... This attitude will save you tens of thousands of dollars in car payments over your life.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                          Sounds like you need to concentrate on best bang for the buck reliability work and leave the pretty stuff and the nice to haves at a lower priority.
                          I assume this is your only car?

While the BMW may or may not appreciate significantly... This attitude will save you tens of thousands of dollars in car payments over your life.
                          When i originally bought the car i gave myself a budget for aesthetics and as of now ive adressed just about everything i wanted to fix other than my goal this summer. I promised myself Id begin the body work and get it ready for paint as thats the only thing left id like to do. My maitence budget towers my aesthetic budget so i think ive found the balance im comfortable with.

Car payments dont bother me I just think it would be nice to keep your first car as long as possible. Though its probably naive id like to make an effort to keep it. Dont you guys always lust for your first car again later on on in life anyway? In fact ive already looked into my next project and im just waiting for the right one to pop up. I think ive developed a craiglist addiction hoping itll just appear one day.
                          89 325i coupe - Daily

Comment

You definitely do lust after your first car again. Debt blows bruh. Save up. living within your means is much less stressful.
                            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Isostar13 View Post

Manual cars don't have the taller front console. Here's an Auto IX console (91)

ROCKIN' interior btw.
                              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

You can, as did, mount other E30 seats in the car, provided you do not need much seat travel ( forward for shorter drivers). I am 5'11" and I have the driver's seat back almost all of the way . I have Vert seats installed and they work fine. but not short drivers welcome. I have 2 '88 ix's (one is now a parts car)

Comment

Working...
                                X