No announcement yet.

Any E39 owners in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any room in here for the E39's fat awd cousin the E53?

M54b30 with 5 speed manual trans, sport package, and a few mods.

The money shot

Last edited by DrJosh; 07-26-2015, 01:11 AM.
    Originally posted by Sonny
    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Always room for E53's in my book.

Thought I'd share some pics from this weekends drive with a buddy.
      My car: 2003 540i M-Sport, B&G S2 Springs
      Buddies car: 2002 530i, Custom valved BC Racing Coilovers.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

Mary's peak, nice! Cars look good too ;)

Comment

Mary's Peak indeed. So nice to have a fun road within reasonable distance.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

Anyone interested in a 2003 Alpine 525iTA with 175K? I can PM more info and pics.

Comment

don't have any good pics of my '00 540 Msport but had to comment when I saw someones post about looking forward to cup holders and a cd player... e39 cup holders are a joke.

Comment

and the cd player is broken too.

Comment

My daily is a 2001 525i with a shit-ton of mods.

M54b30 w/ ZHP cams - 6MT -- ESS TwinScrew @ 12 PSI -- Schmiedmann Headers & Midpipes -- ZHP Cams -- Dr.Vanos
                  PSS9's -- BBK F:360x30 6pot, R:328x20 4pot -- UUC SS Lines -- UUC MT Mounts -- UUC EVO3 SSK -- M5 Axles
                  UUC LTW Flywheel/Kevlar Clutch -- MSport Appearance -- SpeedHut Boost Gauge -- M5 Cluster -- M5 3.45 LSD
                  Zionsville Radiator -- CSL Trunklid -- 20% Tint -- 55w EvoX-R BiXenon -- DINAN F.Strut Brace -- DINAN R.Sway Bar
                  K40 Radar F/R -- M5 Headliner -- Euro Armrest -- Dynavin N6 -- G.A.S PCN -- JL HD900/5

Then I have a 99 528iT for my wife's daily.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                  https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Verdi View Post
                    and the cd player is broken too.
                    not even kidding, a tape is lodged in the tape player as well. KBPI rocks the rockies!

Comment

Hey Guys,
                      I'm about to purchase a 99 528I 5spd, ~150K with M package for $1500, but the car needs the ABS module(new or rebuilt), the AC stopped working and possible tune-up. He was asking $2000 and he is the second owner since 2004. Is it worth the $ and the money to be invested not knowing what else hiding?
                      Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

There is no such thing as an "M Package" on E39 anything. Just a sport package, which includes things like a sport steering wheel with an ///M emblem, lower ride height with sport dampers, etc.

The only "M package" E39 would be the 2003 540i MSport.

The DSC pump is a very common failure, and the AC is most likely just a leak. Is it an oring or is it the evaporator is the question....

$2k sounds about right if its an average car, a little under priced if its a clean car.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 88e30ix View Post
                          Hey Guys,
                          I'm about to purchase a 99 528I 5spd, ~150K with M package for $1500, but the car needs the ABS module(new or rebuilt), the AC stopped working and possible tune-up. He was asking $2000 and he is the second owner since 2004. Is it worth the $ and the money to be invested not knowing what else hiding?
                          I would do it! Sounds like your find might be a great bargain!
                          I bought an extremely clean, almost flawless 2000 528i sport for $1800, he owner was convinced something was wrong with it and wanted to get rid of it.
                          Module masters rebuilt my ABS module on my other 528i for $300, well worth it and you get a 5year warranty.
                          1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
                          1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
                          1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
                          1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
                          2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
                          2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
                          2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
                          2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

BBA did mine for half that with a lifetime warranty.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll probably pick it up this coming Monday.

Comment

Jordan,
                                Sorry about the M confusion, kinda new to the e39 series. Have to learn a few things still

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                                There is no such thing as an "M
                                Package" on E39 anything. Just a sport package, which includes things like a sport steering wheel with an ///M emblem, lower ride height with sport dampers, etc.

The only "M package" E39 would be the 2003 540i MSport.

The DSC pump is a very common failure, and the AC is most likely just a leak. Is it an oring or is it the evaporator is the question....

$2k sounds about right if its an average car, a little under priced if its a clean car.

Comment

Working...
                                X