Any E39 owners in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent View Post
    BBA did mine for half that with a lifetime warranty.
    Hi,
    Do you have their link or website? Thanks.

FOUND IT! Thanks.
    Last edited by 88e30ix; 10-20-2015, 02:24 AM.
    Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      BBA did mine for half that with a lifetime warranty.
      Originally posted by 88e30ix View Post
      Hi,
      Do you have their link or website? Thanks.

FOUND IT! Thanks.
      Didn't get a warm fuzzy about BBA, heard some not good stuff about them (stuff coming back not fixed) so went with Module Masters .
      The owners might have not understood what was wrong, module or something else.
      Last edited by wilholl; 10-20-2015, 09:51 AM.
      1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
      1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
      1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
      1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
      2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
      2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
      2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
      2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by wilholl View Post
        Didn't get a warm fuzzy about BBA, heard some not good stuff about them (stuff coming back not fixed) so went with Module Masters .
        The owners might have not understood what was wrong, module or something else.
        Thanks. I'll look into it
        Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

FS. 2003 525iTA 176k $6.5k obo. 91201.

Comment

I just joined the club last week
            Love this chassis

Just ordered a grip load of facelift euro bits from Europe. Once I get those on with an M5 bumper conversion, I'll feel flosssss
            So pumped

EDIT:
            I just found a BMW First Aid kit stashed on a bracket underneath my passenger's seat bolster. Yeah, I'm a nerd, so wheeeeeeeeee
            Last edited by JinormusJ; 11-05-2015, 01:25 AM.

Comment

I want this E39 530iA sport

I missed out on buying a 5 speed version of this car, but this one looks nice, and I don't think i'd mind driving a car with a transmission that shifts itself.

But when I get bored of the auto, are these hard to swap to manual? I did a manual swap on my e30, but when it comes to newer models I worry that things like the pedal box and wiring connections will be a pita.
              My Feedback

Comment

I'm not entirely sure

Mechanically I would see them as the same amount of work: pedal box, clutch hydraulics, transmission.

The hardest part I believe would be trying to source and connect the new harness and reprogram the ecu. e39s/e46 was the last big jump for BMW before they went completely electronic with the i-Drive system; a lot of things need to be reprogrammed for the car to work properly IRCC

Comment

Freshly detailed

Spent a solid 8 hours at the shop yesterday to clean it up; the previous owner of this car was just a filthy scump. Bought brand new OEM cup holders for the front and rear; a solid days wage went into those. New OEM oil filter and Royal Purple 5w30 for the winter going in soon. Least it's sitting prett(ier) now

Gotta fix that radiator drain plug leak :weak:

Comment

My girlfriends 01 540i Sport 6speed on the left. My 91 535iA on the right. Also e30 roof in bottom right.

Previous owner of the e39 was old and thought the stock exhuast was too loud, so she had a Remus muffler installed... Seriously no difference if you ask me besides looks.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
                      01 540i Sport 6speed
                      I knew there was a reason we got along Ben

Car has an OEM phone?

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                        I want this E39 530iA sport

I missed out on buying a 5 speed version of this car, but this one looks nice, and I don't think i'd mind driving a car with a transmission that shifts itself.

But when I get bored of the auto, are these hard to swap to manual? I did a manual swap on my e30, but when it comes to newer models I worry that things like the pedal box and wiring connections will be a pita.
                        I did a 6spd swap on my 540 earlier this year. JJ has it right--the mechanicals are easy, the coding is tougher. I had to teach myself how to do it, could probably do it in a day now that I know how.

530 is slightly easier, as more people have done it. PM me if you want info on the swap.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                          I knew there was a reason we got along Ben

Car has an OEM phone?
                          :D
                          No OEM phone, just about every other option though like back up sensors and rain sensing wipers. The cupholders just broke last night on a midnight coffee run

Comment

Those shiznitz cost me $250 OEM
                            And the rears are twice the price of the fronts

BMW, why you do dis fam

I swear I'll punch a mother and child if someone breaks the new ones

Comment

'00 M5. Best car I've ever purchased up to this point. I bought it cheap and have been slowly working towards making it a really nice car. I really think for the money, this is the most car/$$ on the market right now

e39m5ec7 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr
                              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Wow

Arc8 style wheels look perfect on this car
                                And they come in 18x9.5/10.5

Looks like I know what wheels I'm buying next

Comment

Working...
                                X